ARC - Danone Business Services,a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for AUDIT - Internal Control Associate United States (US) White Plains Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside!
Danone North America business services team is looking for an Internal Control Associate in the United States for the White Plains, NY location.
You will be part of the North America internal control team with the responsibility to ensure a strong internal control, focusing on operational processes, with the objective to ensure:
• Financial statements accuracy
• Laws & regulations compliance
• Business /process efficiency
• Responsible for evaluating, and monitoring the Internal Control system in place, following the Group methodology and ensure that all the risks in the different processes are well evaluated and covered by controls.
• Animate the local BPO (Business Process Owner) network on a regular basis.
• Ensure a comprehensive set of formalized and up-to-date process documentation is maintained by the BPO (procedures, policies, flowcharts, ...) to monitor the different activities.
• Animate among the executive team on a regular basis and have their support on Internal Control priorities and their team collaboration and report the results & actions plans status.
• Stay close to the business and be aware of the business priorities/projects and the day to day operations and ensure that internal control requirements are taken into account.
• Maintain & improve internal control inside the BU via communication and animation. Be the go to person for internal control matters.
• Take the lead on external and internal audits. Coordinate, facilitate and influence on the findings/recommendations.
• Follow up and report internal audit action plans. Influence the business on the prioritization & progression.
• Coordinate and update the strategic risk mapping with the executive team. Influence the discussion around the risk evaluation (frequency/impact).
• Be in charge to cross test controls in North American Business Units.
• Ensure a good level of segregation of duties and approve all exceptions with compensatory controls.
• Perform risk analysis & evaluation and process mapping
• Cross functional leadership, animation & communication
• Quality of analysis and synthesis
• Rigorous & autonomous
• Able to make proposals and challenge different levels of the hierarchy (Director, VP)
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet changing organizational and departmental needs.
• Able to work collaboratively with all departments and management levels within the company.
Experience & qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or closely related field required.
• Minimum of 3 years of auditing experience in public accounting and/or corporate internal audit required.
• Relevant professional certification, or working toward certification, such as CPA, CIA or similar strongly preferred.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Able to analyze and synthesize information
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Must be able to travel up to 25%
• SAP experience a plus
• Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience a plus
This role offers great growth potential with the opportunity to engage in cross functional moves either internally or with other Danone business units located world wide.
Danone Foods is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible, Danone is a leading global food company. With products like Dannon yogurt, Silk Almond Milk, Evian Water, Nutricia Neocate, and So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream - we are truly invested in changing the way the world eats and [...]