We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
What a Graphics Software Engineer does at EA:
The Graphics Engineer has a very broad view of the game’s rendering codebase and works daily on implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain.
- Develop, design, modify, and optimize graphic and related rendering systems for the Madden Franchise
- Responsible for profiling as well as optimization of rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine
- Responsible for programming the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of game engine
- Works with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering and animation features
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure, tools and processes.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Maintains high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
Are you a video game enthusiast whose passion is to develop interactive software?
Video Game programming is intellectually demanding work. Our software engineers are faced with daily challenges that involve physics (from collision detection to complex physical reactions), advanced rendering techniques (from complex 3D math to hardware shading), artificial intelligence (from path finding to scripting), optimizations (from complex algorithms to hardware specific changes) and more. We need your help to come up with creative solutions.
Specifically, we are seeking Software Engineers who will be responsible for writing specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as:
- Game Mechanics -- Gameplay, AI, player control, animation systems, physics, and scripting systems.
- Core Engine -- Graphical rendering, networking, user interface, memory & performance optimization on cutting edge computer hardware.
- Tools and Libraries -- World editors, video & audio tools, software performance analysis systems, database systems, and general-purpose game development libraries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Good communication and writing skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong math skills
- Self-starter who can work with others in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing project requirements and continuous feedback
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technology, platforms, and game areas
- The best candidates will have completed personal game or domain expertise projects independent of school
- And of course - enjoys working (and playing!) in a dynamic, cutting edge environment
User Experience – user interface implementation; systems for input, textures, rendering, animation, audio, and accessibility; performance.
- C++ is a must have.
- C# is desired but not critical.
- Python is advantageous but not critical.
- Basic understanding of
- multithreaded processing
- client-server architecture
- object oriented programming
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.