- Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the following duties.
- Performs routine inspection and testing activities on various fire alarm systems in accordance with NFPA standards.
- Evaluates and generates a report of inspection including any deficiencies that may require rectification.
- Properly complete all reports such as mileage and monthly vehicle reports. Maintains company vehicle: Clean, organized and stocked with needed equipment and materials.
- Promotes excellent customer relations with clients and co-workers. Professionally represents the organization by adhering to company standards and conducts themselves ethically and with integrity.
- Enhances professional development by continuously building industry knowledge and improving technical and interpersonal skills.
- Practices safe and responsible driving and maintains a suitable driving record and driver license.
- Schedules and plans of inspections daily. Organizes reports and dispatch tickets to best utilize time.
- Collects payments on “COD” accounts.
- Completes Work Orders/Dispatches properly, following special instructions and/or specific notes.
- Responsive to calls from the office and during scheduled on call hours.
- Supports, promotes, and adheres to the organization’s mission and ethic’s statement, policies and procedures.
- Supports and promotes the organization’s safety program. Adheres to safety policies and maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or requested.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit and wiring.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Valid WA Drivers License
- NICET II
- EL06 Certification
- 2+years experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Seattle FA-1 certification strongly preferred
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.