- Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the following duties.
- Performs routine inspection and testing activities on various fire alarm systems in accordance with NFPA standards.
- Evaluates and generates a report of inspection including any deficiencies that may require rectification.
- Properly complete all reports such as mileage and monthly vehicle reports. Maintains company vehicle: Clean, organized and stocked with needed equipment and materials.
- Promotes excellent customer relations with clients and co-workers. Professionally represents the organization by adhering to company standards and conducts themselves ethically and with integrity.
- Enhances professional development by continuously building industry knowledge and improving technical and interpersonal skills.
- Practices safe and responsible driving and maintains a suitable driving record and driver license.
- Schedules and plans of inspections daily. Organizes reports and dispatch tickets to best utilize time.
- Collects payments on “COD” accounts.
- Completes Work Orders/Dispatches properly, following special instructions and/or specific notes.
- Responsive to calls from the office and during scheduled on call hours.
- Supports, promotes, and adheres to the organization’s mission and ethic’s statement, policies and procedures.
- Supports and promotes the organization’s safety program. Adheres to safety policies and maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or requested.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit and wiring.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Valid WA Drivers License
- NICET II
- EL06 Certification
- 2+years experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Seattle FA-1 certification strongly preferred
- Has experience generating new sales by seeking new business and by obtaining additional services and contracts from existing customers.
- Has experience meeting customers’ expectations through the quality of work performed and the customer rapport.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.