About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale
The Innovation manager is part of a team responsible for:
Creating: Owning the thought leadership agenda on behalf of the Chief Innovation Officer delivering insights on disruptive trends relating to:
- Consumers & Technologies
- Educating: Leveraging expertise to educate Samsung Next, Samsung leadership and the wider Samsung community on both the challenges and opportunities facing the organization
- Activating: Feeding specific ideas and opportunities into Samsung Next teams to drive collaboration and enable activation
- Disseminating: Raising the external profile of the CINO and Samsung Next through the strategic communication of thought leadership.
What we offer you:
Working with the Chief Innovation Officer of Samsung Electronics is an unrivaled opportunity to showcase your creative, analytical and communication skills on a global stage. This role offers a fantastic platform to utilize your innovation toolkit on some of the most interesting opportunities in technology. Specifically, you can expect:
- An opportunity to work on a broad range of cutting-edge innovation topics relating to technologies, industries and consumers that will heavily impact the future of Samsung Electronics.
- Support to become autonomous and self-starting, facilitating a sense of resilience, good decision making and self-reliance important for rapid career progression
- Exposure to senior management from day one that develops the gravitas, sensibility and perspective to handle these interactions.
- Support to develop an area(s) of expertise (e.g. Industry, Geography) and be looked upon as an important contributor in decision making. This expertise can be carried from role to role throughout your career.
- Regular interactions with startups, the ecosystem and disruptive teams trying to solve the most interesting problems globally.
- Exposure to execution teams (e.g. M&A, VC, Product, Partnerships) will help you to gain knowledge of these roles and help personal career planning.
- Insight into another culture and way of doing business that requires a different set of processes and norms to be successful
- Global exposure requiring travel and experience of innovation first hand in cutting edge locations. This geographic subject matter understanding is a competitive advantage versus more narrowly US focused thinkers.
What you bring to the table:
You are energized at the prospect of influencing and impacting the trajectory of one of the world's most innovative companies. You are a left and right brain thinker able to creatively generate insight while applying a rigorous analytical skillset. You are restless in your pursuit to understand disruptive innovation and how it will impact the world around us.
- Curiosity: broad, voracious reader of anything dealing with disrupting industries, the future, progress, change, from both conventional and unconventional sources
- Research and analytical rigor: ability to run research efforts and derive insights from unstructured information and data, run compelling analyses and address complex problems with structure and logic
- Creativity: proven ability to deliver innovative solutions and perspectives, unconventional points of view, that are set to transform the way Samsung operates, generates revenues, and how our brand is perceived in the market
- Communication: excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills. Ability to convey complex and technical concepts simply and concisely to senior audiences
- Leadership: strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trust and productive relationships, to operate and communicate across teams, and to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- International research experience in either Asian or Indian markets
- 6+ years total experience with 3+ years specific research related experience.
- Experience of owning a research/insight report end to end, from initial hypothesis/idea through data gathering, analysis, recommendation and communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable interest/knowledge in technology with a focus on software and service products/trends
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) AND Google equivalents (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
Bonus points/Additional Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience/knowledge of any of the following industries and the technology trends disrupting them: Health & Wellness, Education, Entertainment, Media, Financial Services, Transportation/Logistics, Retail, Real Estate
- Experience in both large corporate and startup environments
- Design, Product Development or Marketing/Growth experience
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.