Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker’s Current Revenue is 11.4B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.5B of SBD annual revenue. The Global Tools & Storage Division manufactures and markets power tools, hand tools and power tool accessories under the brands of DEWALT, Black & Decker, Stanley, CRAFTSMAN, Porter-Cable, and many more.
In these challenging roles…
In these various positions you will have exposure to several areas of Finance & Accounting at Stanley Black & Decker and will work on a wide variety of tasks and projects with a cross functional team of professionals.
With great rewards…
This position will provide you with:
- A utility role interacting with key members of a fortune 500 company
- A flexible schedule featuring a max of 40 hours
- Opportunity for career advancement upon graduation
- Competitive Compensation
Stanley Black & Decker is currently looking for an Industrial Design Intern in the Global Tools & Storage division to join its summer internship program. Our internship program allows students the opportunity to obtain valuable, applicable work experience in a fast-paced, and challenging environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute in product development in a team format via ideation/sketching/rendering of new product concepts
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, or a similar software
- Comfortable prototyping concepts out of foam or other materials
- Online and in field research
- Product graphic development.
- Painting, mock-ups, color studies, brand development and some office tasks
- Junior or Senior level academic progress through an accredited university Industrial Design Program.
- Solid hand and digital sketch skills
- Ability to present and communicate design concepts to the team
- Working knowledge of CAD modeling in either full parametric or surfacing software
- Solid command of Adobe Creative Suite Software – Primarily Photoshop and Illustrator
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.