Job TitleIndustrial Cost Engineer I&D
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work for our Industrial Cost Engineering department. We are looking for an Industrial Cost Engineer who provides integral business support to the Innovation organization that develops personal health products (shaving, grooming, floorcare and coffee products). You look at the scope from a technical, financial and organizational point of view. As an Industrial Cost Engineer Innovation, you are creating an insight into the relationship between costs and processes and therefore are playing a key role in advising the management and project teams at Philips Health Tech.
You are responsible for
- Supporting the development of consumer products (from concept to manufacturing).
- Advise (per request and proactively) on all financial-technical related issues. You primarily will be involved in the creation and implementation of financial project plans and cost calculations.
- Evaluating the costs of internal versus external production of our consumer products.
- For new projects you will be setting up profitability analysis and investigating alternatives to achieve ambitious business goals
- You will initiate, participate in or lead improvement teams, always searching for new developments and alternatives, which can improve our products and have a great impact on the total business.
You are a part of
The Industrial Cost Engineering department, located in Eindhoven consists of 12 professionals who working closely together. To fulfill the responsibilities and be able to advise the management you will work also as part be part of cross-functional teams together with colleagues from Production, Innovation, Engineering, Logistics, Purchasing and other departments within Philips Health Tech.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Technical Master or Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in cost engineering in a technical environment;
- A particular interest in the financial side of technical projects;
- Seniority in behavior and experience to move and inspire others on different levels;
- Practical knowledge of innovation processes and hands on experience with determination of cost price and profitability calculation methods;
- Understanding the relation and connection between cost prices calculations, business cases, P&L and Balance sheet;
- Ability to quickly switch gears between detailed analyses and longer term higher level processes;
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- An ambitious team player with outstanding presentation and communication skills.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.