The Inventory Control Manager is responsible for maintaining optimal inventory levels to meet established fill-rate targets, while minimizing working capital needs. Balancing these objectives will require a disciplined approach involving detailed analysis, effective communication and ongoing collaboration with team members. This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas: Customer Satisfaction, working capital management, analysis and reporting, inventory system maintenance, cycle counting & periodic physical inventories, and internal controls.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (KEY RESULTS EXPECTED FROM THIS POSITION IN THE FIRST 6-12 MONTHS):
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate Cycle Count Programs to insure CTQ’s are met for internal and external audits, as well as, operational accuracy expectations.
- Coordinate, track and provide analysis regarding damaged and returned material. Act as liaison between Packaging and Distribution Engineering.
- Provide customer and division analysis for root cause determination.
- Maintain resolve for WMS and SAP reconciliation and unknown variance files.
- Report and analyze accuracy metrics.
- Manage Future/Current/Old inventory within WMS and SAP, network wide.
- Work directly with the Sales Operations team to deliver customer expectations while optimizing inventory.
- Research and provide feedback regarding Return to Vendor conditions.
- Assure minimum duration of product holds.
- Provide analysis and corrective action as a result of Inbound trailer quality data, internal and customer reported product defects.
- Provide leadership research into variances and shrink account data.
- Support Finance department with all inventory related issues.
- Drive the disposition of Excess and Obsolete inventories.
(MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND KEY PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS)
- BS in Business, and experience required
- Extensive knowledge of SAP, a plus
- WMS knowledge, required
- 5+ years in Supply Chain processes required
- Previous supervisory experience required, prefer previous management experience
- Experience with PC based spreadsheet and database applications required (Excel and Access)
- Team Player
- Customer Interface Experience, a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves sitting continuously, talking, hearing, and using a computer mouse and keypad throughout the day. Typing required. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision of a computer screen and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is in a distribution setting.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate noise level.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.