Implementation Manager or Senior
Implementation Manager or Senior (depending on experience)
Responsible for the onboarding and implementation of new and renewing employer groups. Works with all levels of staff and management throughout Cambia to follow standard implementation strategies and timelines for onboarding.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
General Functions and Outcomes:
- Leads and facilitates the implementation and/or on-boarding of new groups or changes to existing groups, or combination thereof, plus other projects as assigned.
- Works cross-functionally to coordinate, implement and revise benefits for new and renewing groups.
- Collaborates with various departments, including sales and account management during the RFP, implementation and renewal process.
- Leads, designs, manages and implements division level and/or cross divisional level projects and administrative policies and procedures related to specific implementation needs.
- Performs team leadership as part of project management responsibilities. Makes task assignments to project team members and monitors compliance with all project due dates.
- Interacts with all levels of management, internal and external. Presentation experience to all levels of management.
- Participate in sales presentations, operation meetings, account management, and other internal teams to secure new customers and then ensure successful implementation.
- Reviews implementation/renewal requirements and directives to determine overall approach and impact on administrative and IT systems. Ensures implementation/renewal tasks and objectives are compatible with administrative and system capabilities.
- Provides process improvement consultation, facilitation and management for targeted projects including defining customer requirements, identifying systems improvements, and recommending actions.
- Negotiates with stakeholders and supports compliance with program development and implementation milestones.Additional General Functions & Outcomes for Senior Implementation Program Manager:
- Mentor and provide support for junior level Implementation Program Managers
- Manages the most complex employer implementations, often requiring multiple data integrations with external vendors
- Represents the implementation team in sales finalist presentations and employer site visits.
- Creates and manages template project documents that are used by all implementation program managers
- Facilitates and drives multiple projects; accountable for integrating with dependent projects and processes, oversees scope, risks and issues management, schedule, and budget.
- Prepares and submits Service Requests for approval by appropriate corporate committees.
- Identifies and drives execution of organizational, procedural, and operational changes and functions across all plans.
- Assists leadership with problem identification and resolution, and program development by researching, assessing, and analyzing issues, and providing recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software as a service (SaaS) including sales processes, terminology, operational flow and data requirements.
- Demonstrated aptitude in client interaction, including the ability to successfully manage employer group expectations and meeting client's needs by creating solutions with the system and resources available.
- Demonstrated experience in consulting with internal and external customers to reach successful business outcomes.
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders and resolve complex and sensitive projects and team issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of product implementation and administration.
- Ability to coordinate activities with all levels of staff and external agencies through clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and execute several deliverables, simultaneously, within time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and oversee detailed execution of strategies in order to move concepts forward into actionable items.
- General computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, internet search). Familiarity with project management and project documentation systems.
- Experience with Client Relationship Management tools.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Implementation Program Manager would have a bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, 6 years of experience in healthcare administration and 2-3 years of project management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Senior Implementation Manager would have a bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field and 8 years of progressive experience in SAAS product implementation, project leadership, or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least two of the eight years’ experience must be in SaaS project management or product implementation.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registration, Etc.:
- May require a valid state driver’s license.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]