A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars Global Services is seeking for a HR Processing Analyst in Chicago, IL
This role is responsible for serving as a Subject Matter Expert for the Americas Transaction Center Team. The Analyst will provide a high-level support and high touch services to Mars Line Managers & Associates in North America.
The Processing Analyst will provide knowledge of processes and procedural guidance while performing a variety of HR activities and navigation of complex transactional requests. Maintain a high level of data accuracy & data integrity. Build collaborative partnerships cross-functionally in order to drive cases to resolution.
The incumbent of this role must have strong verbal and written communication skills, be solution-oriented and have a passion for continuous improvement. They must also have the ability to problem-solving with strong business acumen as well as deliver consistent results with a customer centric mindset and commitment to service delivery excellence.
- Ensure a consistent focus on creating a "One HR experience" for Associates, Line Managers and Senior Leaders.
- Support Transaction Center Lead and Transaction Center Manager in the implementation of governance policies and procedures to ensure transactions are in adherence to Mars established guidelines and business processes.
- Collaborate closely with various levels within the organization to resolve escalated issues and consistently meet key performance metrics including Service Level Agreements (SLA), Data Accuracy & Control Rate Metrics.
- Oversight and management of the Global Leadership Team mailbox.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and maintain confidentiality in regards to case management and consultative advice.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of guidelines, business processes and systems updates/enhancements.
- Identify and leverage key findings to drive continuous improvement and further enhance associate experience.
- Serve as a thought partner with cross-functional teams, providing resources to help drive resolution, serving as SME on cross-functional projects aimed at moving forward (e.g. Automation).
- Provide ongoing support coverage of operational activities during the organization signature processes and other associate facing processes.
- Collaborate with team members to build HR knowledge and maximize the use of tools and resources to create moments that matter.
- Serve as an escalation point for both the Processing Analysts as well as Associates, assisting in problem resolution and responding to customer inquiries.
Education & Professional Qualification
- Minimum Qualification: University degree or equivalent, preferably in HR, Business or Finance, or 3-5 years of work experience within HR, or Business related role(s)
- Preferred qualification: Combination of education and work experience and 2 years of HR or Shared Services experience
- Experience in Shared Service, Call Center, HR, Service Center environment preferred
- Familiarity with HR systems, processes and practices preferred
- Ability to navigate and proficiency in working with HR systems (e.g. SAP, SuccessFactors, Salesforce)
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. Good organization skills and the ability to multi-task and capable of establishing priorities
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details is a must
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel preferred – (Pivot tables, Filtering and Sorting Cells)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner while managing high volume transaction
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
At Mars, we have an inspiring purpose, a wonderful culture and we’re made up of a diverse talented group of people. We’re passionate about achieving gender equality with 42% of Associates in the Mars talent pipeline being women. There have been great strides to empower women at Mars, but we know [...]