Responsible for supporting over 70 staff based in London, with responsibility for day to day running of the department, you will maintain and enhance the Human Resources function at Pulse by planning, implementing and evaluating all employee relations and human resources policies, projects and practices.
Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all roles.
- Ensure HR policies and staff handbook is kept up to date.
- Operate as a trusted advisor to the CEO and senior management team, supporting and coaching the managers as required.
- Oversee the staff appraisal system. Ensuring appraisals happen on an annual basis, with a six month review of objectives.
- Identify key talent within the business, and develop career paths and succession plans.
- Manage full recruitment process, write job descriptions, advertising and liaising with recruitment agencies, organising interviews, attending interviews.
- Advertise all job roles on the Pulse careers page, manage all applications.
- Guiding managers on candidate selection, conducting and analysing exit interviews and recommend changes to procedure if required.
- Recruitment and management of all interns.
- Issue offer letters and contracts to new starters, create induction and training schedules.
- Manage and coordinate a full range of employee relations issues, disciplinary issues and grievances.
- Line management responsibility for the Office Manager.
Learning and Development
- Develop a structured approach to training and development to ensure mandatory, professional and commercial needs are met.
- Responsible for drafting new policies in accordance with changes in legislation as well as communicating and providing HR policy advice and guidance to managers/directors.
- Provide advice for employment law issues to managers/directors and offer counselling to staff.
- Support and advise managers/directors on resourcing, restructure and change management.
- Ensure monthly management meetings take place and collate all information beforehand.
Compensation and benefits
- Administer all benefits including childcare vouchers, optical vouchers and bike scheme. Oversee our Pulse discount programme.
- Ensure regular staff events take place.
- Production of monthly analysis and liaising with the financial director and financial controller on payroll, headcount reports, leavers, new starters, maternity leave and sickness.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys, scheduling and conducting job evaluations. Preparing pay budgets, monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions, recommending, planning and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Alongside the I.T. Director look to implement a staff intranet and administer this.
- Maintain office and HR budgets. Negotiating with suppliers.
Health and Safety
- Have overall responsibility for the company’s health and safety; this includes carrying out regular risk assessments.
- To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as may be required from time to time
- To be an ambassador for the business at all times.
Key Skills & Qualities:
- Demonstrable experience working within a generalist HR role within a media company.
- Confident, outgoing, diligent, and hard working with a meticulous attention to detail.
- An organised self-starter who can keep all the balls in the air whilst under pressure.
- Excellent people and team management skills – to get the best out of individuals. An ability to resolve problems or performance issues with diplomacy is vital.
- Good communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate needs both verbally and in written form.
- Financial awareness and an ability to manage budgets.
- Common sense, empathy, the ability to always be one step ahead!
VICE UK is committed to ensuring that all job applicants, are treated fairly and are not subjected to unfair or unlawful discrimination. We value the diversity of our staff and recognize and respects their differences. We recognize that our ability to meet staff needs is improved by having a diverse workforce. We also wish to provide the best opportunities to all of our applicants, based on their abilities and potential.
VICE is a global media channel focusing on investigative journalism and enlightening videos about everything from world news, travel, art, drugs, politics, sports, fashion, sex, and super cute animals.