HealthSparq Data Insights Analyst Internship
HealthSparq Data Insights Analyst Internship
This twelve-week internship is currently scheduled to begin in May or June 2019
Responsibilities & Requirements
Cambia Health Solutions is working to allow consumers to make smarter healthcare decisions by delivering actionable insights based on data. We’re seeking an analytics expert to help us bring an online shopping experience for consumers looking for doctors, hospitals, treatments, and researching healthcare quality. Come join us!
Our data scope is enormous and includes medical, dental and pharmacy claims, web utilization behavior, provider information, and data from numerous other sources. We are seeking an individual who can apply analytic solutions to a diverse array of big data problems efficiently and effectively.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Bring your analytical expertise to this role in which you will:
- Perform intake and processing of customer data during implementation following established procedures
- Perform data mapping and standardization while maintaining data integrity
- Develop processes and analysis that will improve existing products and drive future products
- Develop data fixes, configuration, and ad hoc reports
- Provide data support for internal and external customers
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, computer science or a related discipline; candidates who have completed their degree in the last six months are also encouraged to apply
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to identify problems, develop/recommend solutions, and implement a chosen course of action
- Knowledge of business practices in finance, accounting, economics and/or risk management a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to explain technical information and data in a user-friendly manner
- Prior experience with word processing, spreadsheets, statistical analysis, database, data mining tools such as SQL / SAS / R / STATA / SPSS
- Prior programming experience such as R, Java, C++, Python, etc. is a plus
- Prior experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, D3, Domo, etc. is a plus
- Must be able to work with minimal direction and be flexible to assist in coordinating complex activities that are often subject to rapid or extensive changes
- Prior experience with project management
- Knowledge of program evaluation concepts and methodologies
- Ability to work independently on complex projects
- Proven track record of learning and applying new technologies quickly
- Candidate must possess a minimum cumulative 3.0 undergraduate grade point average
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
HealthSparq employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
HealthSparq is all about helping people make smarter health care choices. How do we do it? By offering the most relevant, personalized and timely data possible and offering it to consumers when they need it. With over 70 health plan clients that reach over 72 million people, HealthSparq is uniquely positioned to help people make better sense of their health care.
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and wellbeing of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]