We’re seeking a Head of Operations, based in our Dubai, United Arab Emirate office. In this managerial role, you will be responsible to ensure that Western Union Money Transfer services and products are deployed, available to customers and function within Western Union standards and KPIs and within capabilities assessed, validated and demonstrated by Western Union Agent partners.
- Enable end to end WU processes and functionalities with the aim to optimize Agent’s cost and create new efficiencies within Agent’s network
- Responsibility and ownership related to Operations’ performance of network and agents within his responsibility Assist with special projects as required:
- Agent’s cost
- Agent’s productivity
- Agent’s dormancy
- Agent’s Speed to market - activation and full roll out.
- Optimization of agent’s cost through deployment of self-service tools at agents and location level
- Ensure through assessment the Agents receive technology suitable to its infrastructure and build the adequate processes and procedures to support Western Union Money Transfer service functionality within Regulatory, Compliance and Operations standards.
- Execution role in cross functional or cross regional projects, working closely with Sales, Marketing, AML Compliance, Agent Implementation, Legal, global functions
- Operations implementation of technology, processes, functionalities and improvements to Agents with implications on overall Agents’ performance and cost
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study
- At least 5 years of experience within a similar capacity
- Good understanding of financial service markets, remittance markets, retail and digital operations
- Fluency in more than one language (English required)
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of different ethnic groups, cultures and consumer backgrounds across several countries
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly-structured, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and proficiency with software such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint
- Additional studies or degrees in areas of: 6 Sigma, Project Management, Digital Development and Products is considered a plus
- Competitive global pay and benefits
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.
We are a leader in global payment services. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far away, to NGOs in the most remote communities on Earth, Western Union helps people and businesses move money - to help grow economies and realize a better world. In 2015, we moved over [...]