Requisition Number R0018882Subsidiary StubHub
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are seeking a driven Senior Public Relations Manager to lead our European Communications, leveraging the brand reputation of StubHub and creating a best-in-class PR strategy and executing on PR campaigns for key verticals. You will work closely with the Global Head of Communications and senior management of StubHub and act as an external spokesperson for StubHub.
The Head of Communications, EMEA will be based in London, UK.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
You are an experienced communicator and spokesperson, who excels in turning ad hoc issues into opportunities by using intellectual horsepower and strategic agility aligned with the vision and strategy of StubHub.
- You are responsible for reputation management by building and managing relations with key journalists, policy makers and other key stakeholders.
- Development of a concise PR strategy on a corporate level and advice on board level for both future strategies for StubHub and tactical issues.
- Ensure PR strategy is aligned with business initiatives and coordinated closely with marketing, partnerships and product teams, acting as a bridge to collaborate with teams across these functions on media strategy, events, social media initiatives and more.
- Increase impact and ROI of PR by translating PR strategy into brand activation campaigns with measurable goals.
- Responsible for press releases, Q&As, messaging, coordinating brand/programming activities including presentation and media events.
- Identify relevant industry events and conferences to increase visibility, and identify appropriate speaking opportunities to define the company's leadership in this area.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 + years communications experience required.
- Multilanguage skills
- University degree, preferably in communications- or marketing-related discipline.
- Experience leading pan-European teams and managing pan-European PR campaigns
- History working with government stakeholders across Europe
- Crisis communications expertise
- Experience serving as primary European company spokesperson and training senior officials as company spokespersons.
- Experience developing and implementing internal communications campaigns
- Ability to manage budgets effectively
- Very strong written and positioning skills for all materials, including business communications.
- Experience developing and implementing social media campaigns
- Demonstrated hands-on management, planning, and execution and ability to meet deadlines under time pressure.
- Depth of knowledge of the online media space and a passion for sports and music. Ability to develop events on par with the best industry gatherings.
- Strong interpersonal skills a must.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of the public relations industry, and related knowledge of key trade publications, genre publications and local and national outlets.
- Proficient in developing and delivering business presentations.
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity.
Our founder, Pierre Omidyar, a French-born Iranian-American, started eBay to create economic opportunity by connecting people from widely different backgrounds and geographies. On eBay, sellers with items to offer and buyers seeking to find their version of perfect join together in a global marketplace that is open to all. Diversity and inclusion at eBay goes well beyond a moral necessity – it’s the foundation of our business model and absolutely critical to our ability to thrive in an increasingly competitive global landscape. For us, challenges in this area represent opportunities to make our workforce, workplace and marketplace better for everyone – we're excited about what can be accomplished.
StubHub is the world’s largest ticket marketplace with tickets available for more than 10 million live sports, music and theater events in more than 40 countries. We enable fans to buy and sell tickets whenever and wherever they are through our desktop and mobile experiences.