As a Project Manager within the Ultimate Software Select Launch team, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, managing, and successfully implementing new and cycle-based projects for our largest and/or most complex customers. Qualified candidates will have strong experience managing multiple high-complexity projects simultaneously and are experienced in effectively communicating and negotiating resource, cost, and timeline information to our internal and external customers. Qualified candidates will exercise leadership and organizational management skills to ensure all assigned projects meet time and cost estimates. The Project Manager works with the UltiPro Select Launch team to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget, meeting the customer’s stated and implied business needs.
Candidates must possess the following background or qualifications.
- Seasoned Project Managers with an HCM background in USA, Canada or both.
- Several years’ tenure managing projects at an HCM vendor (e.g., Ultimate Software, ADP, Ceridian, Workday).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex projects concurrently.
- Proven consulting experience partnering with customers and executives
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Identify and communicate project work plans, scope requirements, timeline, and project resourcing requirements
- Revise and communicate, as needed, to meet changing situations
- Prepare, coordinate, and lead meetings between customers and appropriate UltiPro Select LaunchTeam members
- Manage projects using our methodology standards
- Enforce project standards to ensure deliverable quality
- Ensure that both customers and team members are meeting their project commitments in order to assure a successful customer implementation
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and archived appropriately
- Communicate, using a variety of mediums, project status, risks, and options to both internal and external stakeholders
- Residence and work in Mountain/Pacific Time Zones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong, effective decision-making and multi-tasking skills within stringent deadlines
- Knowledgeable of the human resources/payroll/benefits discipline
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet changing scope and resource situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Previous consulting experience and project/program/engagement management under a utilization and billable hours structure
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable working multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in a product-based software development environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- PMP Certification preferred
- 25-50% Travel required
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.