At Mars, Incorporated, we believe that the General Manager plays a critical role in the success of any unit and therefore in the overall success of Mars. One of our Signature Values is accountability and therefore, Mars GMs must be ultimately responsible for the performance of their units across all the major dimensions, - they are accountable for every line of their unit’s P&L and how their unit makes a difference to people and planet through performance. Another of our Signature Values is operational decentralization and this philosophy must translate into GMs feeling as if they are running their own businesses within Mars. Although they receive support and guidance from other stakeholders, Mars GMs make the final call on key operational decisions within their units.
The General Manager is fully responsible of the P&L of Indonesia, Philippines, and Malaysia markets. He/she takes the lead in driving the growth of the business by formulating the long-term business strategies, at the same time provides counsel and guidance to the market heads. This role is accountable for the brand equities, market share and distribution, and market presence in the existing markets. More important, this role will lead, inspire and manage visions and purpose for the organization – taking the organization to the next level.
The General Manager develops and drives the vision, strategy, and business initiatives for the organization to accelerate and sustained the growth, at the same time establish the capabilities required to achieve the strategy.
- Formulate long-term and short-term business strategies to be the market reference of health nutrition and drive calorie conversion.
- Align with the Regional and Global Teams to ensure consistency, quality and compliance.
- Monitor performance and build reporting flow to assess strategies and tactics and drive strategic inflexion when needed.
- Build a bridge to other RC and Mars business units to enrich knowledge and synergies, as well as to bring perspective.
- Take full P&L responsibility of the markets and the Cluster consolidation and for achieving all the Revenue, profit and business targets.
- Ensure control and governance of local actions to secure financial targets.
Opportunities and synergies:
- Provides recommendation to the market heads for any activities in the market via strategic marketing plans, innovative marketing programs, new product introduction, trade channel management, and distribution / supply chain management, sustainability initiatives.
- Identifies and encourages best practice between markets
- Sets up a Cluster leadership model, which enhance synergies and mutual benefits whilst fostering local initiatives and entrepreneurship spirit.
- Works closely with the P&O Director, he/she builds the management team, talent pool, and talent pipeline.
- Be responsible of associates engagement and entrepreneur mindset.
MLS and Five Principles:
- Exemplify the Mars Leadership Capability and Five Principles in setting direction and defining strategy for business development in the markets and guide the development of appropriate behaviors and high performance team throughout the organization
- Leads with integrity and honesty and with knowledge of the company’s purpose and values
At Mars, we have an inspiring purpose, a wonderful culture and we’re made up of a diverse talented group of people. We’re passionate about achieving gender equality with 42% of Associates in the Mars talent pipeline being women. There have been great strides to empower women at Mars, but we know [...]