About the Team:
The Stanley Black & Decker Global Supply Management (GSM) team is our strategic sourcing organization focused on leveraging the company’s scale to achieve the best possible price with the best possible quality; service and delivery among all categories of spend. In addition, the team maintains close alignment with the businesses to support overall strategies, and drives to a best-in-class sourcing organization using Stanley Fulfillment System 2.0 principles.
About the Job:
Stanley Global Supply Management has an opportunity for a Manager, Global Supply Management – located at 700 Stanley Drive, New Britain, CT. This individual will be an integral part of the Corporate Global Supply Management (GSM) Team, which manages $6B+ annual spend, in a matrix environment for a $13B international company. This position seeks to create & manage $200M in the Flat Steel & Metal Products category; to develop and qualify new suppliers that will deliver supply chain productivity. Under the umbrella of GSM 2.0, this individual’s global responsibility, in addition to delivering productivity, will be to manage contract negotiations, develop/manage suppliers and drive working capital gains. Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is the continued focus of the Supply Management organization which drives service, quality and price. Pulsing of market conditions to best manage price is also necessary. Business and acquisition integration through the Product Line Management Team, DTV events and other workouts is essential. Ideal candidate will have 5-10 years’ experience in commodity leadership, purchasing and/or project management. The position reports to Director, Steel & Metals, Commodity Management Group.
• Manage $200M Flat Steel & Metal Products and the related supply base in support of plant, division, and corporate goals (Service, Quality, Cost, Working Capital, etc.)
• Lead Base Metals $80M Forward Buy Program
• Work closely with the Businesses/Plants to identify and execute strategic sourcing plans to achieve annual cost savings of 3-6% for this commodity group.
• Manage commodities including: Wire Rod, wire and bar of carbon, stainless & aluminum
• Grow and manage spend as it evolves and support global activity.
• Negotiate contracts on behalf of the company with Year-Over-Year (YOY) productivity expectations; Mitigate inflation.
• Conduct business reviews with key suppliers.
• Plan and implement strategy to meet individual and team commitments.
• Maintain broad knowledge of worldwide market trends on assigned commodities.
• Effectively lead and communicate at all levels within the company.
• Work closely with people (Engineering, marketing, Operations, Finance, Legal, Logistics, etc) across the company to drive success.
Education & Experience:
• 4 year degree required, Masters degree is desirable.
• 5-10 years’ experience in engineering & procurement of steel, metals.
• Strong technical and commercial experience in the related products.
• Strong sourcing and negotiation skills demonstrated.
• International experience desirable.
• Effective leadership and facilitation demonstrated.
• Materials and component knowledge & experience.
• Consistently exhibit Our Values Aligned with our Purpose: Courage & Innovation | Agility & Performance | Inclusivity & Collaboration | Integrity & Accountability
• Makes and meets commitments…a winner.
• Global and North America Travel – 20-40%
Why Stanley Black & Decker (SBD)?
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
• Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - SBD is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come
• At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for itself.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.