MongoDB is the next-generation database that helps businesses transform their industries by harnessing the power of data. The world’s most sophisticated organizations, from cutting-edge startups to the largest companies, use MongoDB to create applications never before possible at a fraction of the cost of legacy databases. MongoDB is the fastest-growing database ecosystem, with over 9 million downloads, thousands of customers, and over 1,000 technology and service partners. Learn more at www.mongodb.com.
Our NYC People Ops team is looking for a Global Compensation Manager to design, implement and support MongoDB’s global compensation program. The role will partner with key stakeholders to align compensation initiatives with business objectives and company culture. We are looking for strategic and analytical individuals to drive innovative, competitive compensation rewards programs that attract, reward and retain our best assets, our people!
- Business Partner
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and implement global compensation programs and processes to ensure compensation practices are fair, competitive, equitable, consistent, within budget and aligned with business goals
- Partner with legal teams to manage Company’s equity compensation program; assist with equity budgeting process and assist with compensation committee preparation
- Partner with stakeholders across all departments to solve compensation-related business problems and provide compensation guidance
- Work with the rest of the Compensation team on the annual salary and benefits budgeting for the Company
- Process Improvement & Administration
- Lead the development and maintenance of the Company’s compensation philosophy to help us scale from 1,500 to 5,000 employees. Identifying opportunities to simplify and streamline existing practices and procedures
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing internal compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending revisions that maintain competitiveness among all markets
- Assist in building any specialized compensation program proposals for Board of Directors approval including equity grant practice and dilution analyses and any one-off Executive-level compensation programs.
- Help scale our compensation team
- Research market practices among different geographies, compile and analyze information to make recommendations for requested positions or market adjustments
- Prepare market data recommendations for annual compensation review program
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in Compensation
- B.A. in Business (finance, economics etc.)
- Experience managing a team is required
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with strong attention to detail
- Advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint
- Ability to multi-task while managing deadlines, perform well under pressure, work independently and as a part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects to on-time completion with confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, startup-paced environment
- Good business acumen and awareness of business trends
- High degree of motivation, flexibility and creativity