Job TitleGI Clinical Education Specialist (Home-Based: Houston, TX)
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
Provide training and education to Philips Ultrasound customers to insure the successful use of our ultrasound products and thereby contribute to the successful attainment of the ultrasound business targets. This will involve designing and implement training and education programs for our internal and external customers and working closely with the Clinical Education Manager, Advanced Technical Trainers, and Product Marketing, to ensure continuous and accelerated career growth, customer clinical growth, business success, and customer satisfaction.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Deliver customer presentations; technical and clinical (Advanced Customer Training, Universities)
- Deliver on-site customer training for purchased education days.
- Site visits to customers to review education entitlements to ensure customers are aware of their tuition and assist them to register
- Identify customers to discuss education needs with and propose education plans
- Build technical, clinical and professional skills and knowledge. (New registries, cross training, relevant business courses, personal development courses, etc.)
- Organization Skills/Time Management/Professionalism
- Submit weekly schedule to management
- Maintain expenses according to company policy
- Submit expenses weekly to ensure timely reimbursement and expense tracking
- Maintain company property
- Follow all company and departmental policies, and use appropriate and cost conscience decision making
- Act in a positive and professional manner at all times
Key Issues and Decisions:
Measured Key Competencies
- Build and Maintain Relationships - Builds and maintains effective relationships with customers at all levels in the buying organization, within his/her organization (the service & sales teams and corporate), and within the industry.
- Positions system features and capabilities effectively linking them to customer needs
- Routinely strategizes with internal team prior to educational/training events
- Trainings are well-planned and customized to deal with areas of interest on behalf of the customer
- Utilizes corporate and team resources to address specific customer issues
- Communicates customer reactions and concerns to service & sales team members and management
- Understand Customer Requirements and Provide Consultancy - Utilizes discipline and critical thinking in the definition and analysis of customer needs and proposes solutions to those issues.
- Actively seeks information regarding customer interests/needs prior to and during the training
- Utilizes listening and thorough note-taking to document key needs and issues
- Through questioning, assists customers in prioritizing needs and requirements
- Keeps key stakeholders, internally and externally, informed and aware
- Adapts approach and style to cultural (organizational and national) and personality style variants
- Create Solutions Meeting Requirements - Develops solutions based on customer needs delivering optimal results for customers and Philips.
- Utilizes product knowledge to effectively position features and capabilities that represent solutions to customer needs
- Finds solutions that meet business, clinical and personal needs
- Utilizes corporate resources to address specific customer issues
- Adjusts personal style to accommodate the preferences of the prospect
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least 5 years clinical experience as an RDMS Sonographer
- Registry required: RDMS in AB and/or OB/GYN
- Registries preferred: RVT and or RDCS
- Thorough understanding of: Advanced clinical applications and 3D/4D as it applies to General Imaging and Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Working knowledge of: 3D/4D acquisition, manipulation and quantification along with extensive anatomical knowledge as related to modality
- Thorough understanding of any of the following applications is preferred: MSK ultrasound, Fetal echocardiography and or Breast ultrasound
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous classroom teaching experience preferred
- Previous presentation experience required
- Participation in clinical research preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Commercial medical equipment business or sales experience preferred
- May require more than 80% travel time.
- Must be able to discuss education options and be comfortable up-selling the customer on additional education.
This position will require you to meet all customer specific mandates such as vaccinations and or screening tests.
** The preferred location for this position is the Houston area. The territory for this job includes part of eastern Texas, Louisiana, Western MS and a small part of SW Arkansas Candidate must reside in a city within their territory that holds the majority of their customer base and be located near a major (non-regional) airport (within a 1 hour drive) to be considered.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to grow in your profession by becoming a subject matter expert in your field, while working closely with our customers to ensure their overall satisfaction.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.