Lastline, Inc. is a venture backed cybersecurity company that provides innovative AI-powered network security products that detect and defeat advanced threats attempting to enter and operate within a network. We protect network, email, cloud, and web infrastructures, minimizing the risk of damaging and costly data breaches with fewer resources and at lower cost. Headquartered in Redwood City, California with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Lastline’s technology is used by Global 5000 enterprises, is offered directly and through resellers and security service providers, and is integrated into leading third-party security technologies worldwide. www.lastline.com
Lastline, Inc. is seeking a General Ledger Accountant, an ambitious, high-energy individual to be part of its high performance finance team and contribute to the success of a growing company. The ideal candidate must have strong motivation to take on challenges and a dynamic role to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and expertise in technical concepts of accounting.
Reporting to the Associate Controller, the successful candidate in this critical role will be responsible for performing a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant focus on General Ledger accounting. This position is also responsible for supporting the Assistant Controller/Controller in conducting key activities such as Month-End and Quarter-End close, Fixed Assets, Account Reconciliations and Audits. You will need to have the ability to work and communicate your work clearly with various groups and staff/management of all levels.
- Perform period-end financial close responsibilities and consolidation, trial balance reviews, journal entries, reconciliations, flux analysis, revaluation and translation.
- Perform in-depth analysis of diverse finance and accounting data; ensuring all transactions are in compliance with current company policies & procedures , GAAP, and regulatory/industry guidelines and requirements.
- Prepare journal entries such as Cash, Payroll, Benefits, Prepaid, In-kind, Expense Allocations.
- Balance Sheet preparation and Monthly Account reconciliations.
- Maintain and update Fixed Assets schedule.
- Review cash deposits and prepare cash receipt entries and weekly cash report.
- File and maintain all journal entries and schedules audit purposes.
- Distribute monthly financials.
- Assist in automating processes and procedures.
- Assist with financial audits and tax return paperwork.
- Performs other duties and reports as assigned by the Assistant Controller.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CA / CPA a plus.
- 4-6+ years of related experience.
- Strong verbal and written skills along with solid interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of GAAP and US GAAP and sound understanding of financial statement mechanics.
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature manner.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to understand issues, demonstrate resourcefulness and pro-actively resolve problems and manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills to research and resolve inquiries and respond in a timely manner.
- Solid organizational skills: task prioritization and effective time management.
- Mid- to advanced PC skills using Outlook, Word, Excel (ability to perform pivots, V-lookups and other functions with Excel).
- ERP system experience preferred.
We're serious about network security and threat protection - and we have the proof. Our three co-founders are some of the most influential security experts in the world! We know our stuff. With these expertise and our passion to improve cybersecurity, Lastline is revolutionizing the way companies [...]