Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Define and oversee technical scope for projects and business objectives; identifies, analyzes, and communicates architecture and integrations options and makes recommendations to management Document best practices and solution blueprints Establish technical strategies to ensure cross-platform architectural components properly “fit” within the enterprise and maximum benefit can be gained; specifies integration of existing and new components to meet business needs Develop documentation on recommended solutions to include relevant research, cost analysis, risk information, implementation strategies, and industry positions. Produce solution designs to be fleshed out and implemented by development teams - this may include proof of concept activities, cost/benefit documentation, staff training, configuration recommendations, contract and service level requirements, etc. Review current technology architecture and seek ways to leverage, improve and/or extend corporate technology investments Conduct research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic initiatives Broad area of responsibility to architect, implement and optimize the application landscape, architecture and data integration Provide short term solutions, as well as clear evolution paths and long term architecture strategy Interact with business unit management, applications systems management, technology management, vendors and industry experts to collect requirements, understand options, and determine solutions Assist with Business Continuity Planning and Business Impact Assessments, as required
CAREER - We want your thirst to learn, courage to challenge and desire to improve things, including yourself.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, required Minimum seven (7) years’ experience with various marketing technologies, system integration, and enterprise architecture
- Broad technical and extensive architecture knowledge based on experience and IT expert training & education
- Masterful experience in architecture and implementation of micro-service based web applications
- Expert in API design and development using API gateway, such as Oracle API Gateway, APIgee, or homegrown API gateway
- Strong foundation of developing across digital platforms (i.e.: desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.) Applied analytical thinking and proven structured engineering approach to complex solution design/implementation and problem resolution across diverse areas/systems; ability to anticipate technical trends in defined and for relevant IT areas
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Strong desire to continually study and learn the latest and new technologies and related architectures (especially cloud technologies and microservice architecture)
- Expert in agile development methodologies
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to develop documentation materials for appropriate audiences
- Demonstrated ability leading and working with geographically distributed development teams Experienced with web technologies, application servers, middleware, ecommerce, enterprise
- Normal office conditions. Up to 20% domestic and international travel, required.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Hilti delivers leading technology to the global construction industry. Our products, services and software offer innovative solutions. Founded in Liechtenstein in 1941, the worldwide Hilti Group has evolved from a small garage start-up to a global brand with nearly 30,000 team members across 120 [...]