CircleCI is looking for a web development leader who brings exceptional management and technical skills to our growing team of web developers. The web development team uses modern web technologies and practices to build all aspects of the CircleCI user experience. In this role you will challenge and grow our engineers with the individual in mind. Your primary focus is your team and the people in it, and we expect you to build a great culture with diversity as a core value.
About this role
- Develop people through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Work with other development teams, Product Owners, and others to maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration
- Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the CircleCI engineering community
- Grow the technical expertise of your teams in web technologies, performance, scalability, maintainable architecture and experimentation
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software engineering practices, primarily focussed on web technologies
- You have at least three years of experience leading, coaching and mentoring software development teams and delivering working software together with them
- You know what it takes to build a team, you believe in agile & lean values and you are a servant leader
- You bring energy, positivity and drive to the teams you work with
Velocity is critical for software teams in today's competitive landscape, but maintaining speed can be difficult as apps and systems grow larger and more complex. CircleCI’s platform allows developers to rapidly release code (for web and mobile apps) they trust by automating the build, test, and deploy process. CircleCI enables developers to detect and fix bugs before they even reach customers. Thousands of leading companies including Facebook, Kickstarter, Shyp and Spotify rely on CircleCI to accelerate delivery of their code and enable developers to focus on creating business value fast.
CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2016 award winner. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in beautiful downtown San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture backed by Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Baseline Ventures and Harrison Metal Capital.
Our benefits package includes health care plans that can cover you AND your dependents up to 100%. We also offer equity, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits and a flexible PTO policy for a healthy work/life balance.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.