Front End Developer
Leapfrog Online is seeking a skilled Front End Developer to join our User Experience (UX) competency; this role will implement and maintain high-volume consumer-facing, conversion-focused websites and e-commerce applications. Candidates should have 2+ years of experience, preferably working with targeted, data-driven transactional experiences and e-commerce.
- Build, maintain, test, and optimize targeted, data-driven transactional experiences and e-commerce flows.
- Participate within the UX Team—comprised of Creative, Front End Development, Content Strategy, and Content Production—as a meaningful, collaborative contributor to ideas, process, and innovation.
- Work with cross-functional teams across the organization to provide Front End perspective to potential solutions and communicate enhancements.
- Participate in code reviews, research, and internal initiatives to drive Front End goals as a forward-thinking unit within the organization.
- A dependable problem-solver with an analytical mind and demonstrable applied experience with modern development standards and practices.
- Strong experience in standards-based, semantic and well-formed HTML 5 markup, with an emphasis on cross-browser, device-independent product where responsive design techniques and modularity are paramount.
- Fluent in writing elegant, truly cascading CSS to bring rich interfaces to life, and associated experience with CSS methodologies (OOCSS, SMACSS, BEM), preprocessing (SASS) and frameworks.
- Familiar with the development and maintenance of web-based applications leveraging fit-for-purpose design patterns and related frameworks.
- Experience with modular templating (e.g., Handlebars/Mustache, Nunjucks) in the context of content management.
- Experience with Node-based tooling and build systems (Gulp) and writing Unit Tests (Mocha/Chai). Applied experience with build process implementation in a continuous implementation / continuous delivery (CI/CD) environment preferable. Jenkins experience is a plus!
- Comfortable with Git version control and using command line interfaces (CLI).
- Comfortable with using image editing software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite), interactive prototyping tools (UX Pin), and asset optimization.
- Detail-oriented, communicative to stakeholders, and able to effectively manage time and priorities.
Set Yourself Apart:
- Prior digital agency or consultancy experience.
- Experience with Accessibility Concepts and Implementation (Section 508, WCAG 2.0, ARIA).
- Experience with Web Components and modular build tactics such as Atomic Design.
- Email Marketing Experience
- Technical Performance Optimization
- Technical Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Total comp package. We know your take-home pay isn’t all you’re looking for, which is why we match your 401(k), pay for a huge chunk of your medical, dental, and vision insurance, and pay for your short-term disability and life insurance. Plus, every employee has a yearly bonus potential.
- Casual dress. We welcome all dress styles but jeans work well here!
- Innovative work environment. We are a tight-knit team who likes what they do and has fun doing it. While we do not always leave at 5, we pride ourselves on the work/life balance we have here.
- Easy transportation and parking. We are steps from the Dempster Purple Line “L” stop and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. We welcome bikers and have plenty of indoor bike racks for those bad weather days. We have street parking far easier than downtown and also have a lottery-assigned back lot.
Dentsu Aegis Network is innovating the way brands are built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is [...]