In this role you will be responsible for applying data mining and analysis techniques to identify and audit fraud trends and suspicious activity across the business (both internally and externally).
The analyst will also be responsible for utilizing findings to track actions and create detailed reporting in order to recommend processes and/or procedures to mitigate losses.
The Fraud and Risk Analyst will be responsible for:
- Auditing and assessing all reports of potential fraud utilizing a number of sources.
- Partnering with stakeholders to drive improvements (Process or Tech) to reduce fraud for the business and ensure legitimate players are not impacted.
- Identifying and investigating both simple and complex cases of fraud.
- Ensuring that all cases are researched, documented and completed in accordance with the Risk guidelines and processes.
- Evaluating investigative findings and drafting clear and concise investigative reports
- Understanding and quantifying risks associated with new or proposed processes or procedural changes or product launches
- In conjunction with the Fraud and Risk manager and senior analyst, conducting audits of policy, process and compliance standard to ensure consistent compliance to processes throughout WWCE and reporting non-compliance to leadership team.
- Staying current on fraud trends and fraud risk management best practices.
- Maintaining extemporary quality standards, striking a balance between the business and the player.
- Communicating training, process or operational enhancement needs.
- Managing special projects as necessary.
Skills & Competencies:
- A strong interest in investigations and problem solving along with the ability to consider alternative perspectives, is able to think quickly and perform in high-stress situations
- Exceptional and professional communication skills; both verbal and written with the ability to communicate issues in a thorough and concise manner.
- Ability to follow-up on tasks, track actions and progress along with providing detailed and actionable reporting.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to identify and communicate process gaps
- Excellent problem solving, researching and documentation skills.
- “Can-Do” and upbeat personality with a deep passion to encourage others.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly interpret metric data and convert to organizational improvements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a customer support focused environment
- Minimum of 6 months Fraud and Risk Management secondment experience or similar fraud investigation experience
- Fraud investigation experience preferred
- Previous experience in data analysis preferred
- In depth knowledge of efficient processes and flows, and the ability to enact change while maintaining the day to day workload.
- Desire to learn, retain and build upon your skill-set.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to form good working relationships.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.