Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Corporate Services, Child Development
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
The Nike, Inc. Child Development team engages with hundreds of Nike employees’ children every workday at childcare centers at the Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, Ore. The teams provide the children — infants to age 5 — with a creative learning environment and experiences that only Nike can deliver. Easy access to Nike’s facilities offers opportunities for a wide array of physical activities and on-campus events including farmer’s markets, athlete visits and seasonal celebrations. Child Development Center employees’ expertise in early education, child psychology, nutrition and other areas help give each child a running start.Description
You must upload your post secondary- educational transcripts(s) with this application.
As a Floating Associate Teacher, you'll assist with program implementation, interact with children, participate in classroom activities and provide continual supervision of children birth-five. You'll assist in implementing lesson plans and developmentally appropriate programming by following instructions outlined by the Teacher in order to meet established curriculum goals for your assigned classroom. You'll interact with children, initiate and encourage participation and provide them with emotional and physical support. You'll also be expected to maintain effective communication within the classroom including sharing information with the Teacher, Parents and staff. In addition, you'll also assure the safe care of children at all times including providing continual supervision of all children so that no child is ever unattended.
- Completed 12 semester/ 18 quarter credits in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Elementary Ed, Child & Family Studies or Special Education.
- 6 months teaching experience OR Current enrollment in an academic program of study in one of the above disciplines.
- Ability to sit, bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to move quickly around a classroom or playground
- Ability to physically move, lift or control children in unsafe or emergency situations
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand verbal and written English
- Ability to maintain educational/training hours as outlined by state licensing agency and attend in-service training as scheduled twice per year
- Current enrollment in the Oregon Child Care Division Central Background Registry
- Full time availability Monday-Friday between 7:00am- 6:00pm from the hire date
- Familiarity with NAEYC Accreditation standards and Oregon Child Care Division Regulations is preferred
- Completion of the Introduction to (1) Child Care Health and Safety, (2) Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect and (3) Safe Sleep free online training courses, which are required by the State of Oregon. License number provided by Nike for the Safe Sleep course.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00452268
NIKE, Inc. named for the Greek goddess of victory, is the world's leading designer, marketer, and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities. Nike operates in four geographies, North America, Europe, Middle [...]