Job TitleFirmware Engineer
Philips Oral Healthcare is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
You will be joining a group of other highly talented, collaborative firmware engineers responsible for delivering innovative solutions for leading Oral Health care devices affecting millions of consumers.
The firmware team is part of the larger Embedded Systems team that consists of Hardware engineers, Software engineers (app development) and Embedded Test Engineers that work closely with other cross-functional teams to develop products from concept to mass-manufacture.
At Philips Oral Healthcare, we are committed to helping each employee reach his or her own personal goals for development through mentoring/coaching programs, trainings, stretch assignments etc.
You are responsible for
As an Embedded Systems Engineer for high-volume consumer medical devices, you should be capable of architecting, designing, documenting, and implementing high quality embedded firmware/software/electronics on multiple platforms across multiple product ranges.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronic or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in a similar discipline.
- Experience with firmware design and development of a product or significant product subsystem through product release using best practice development processes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with bare metal programming of 8/32 bit micro-controllers.
- Excellent C/C++ design and coding skills.
- Hands-on experience with new hardware bring up and ability to ramp up quickly on complex and unfamiliar code across various technology areas.
- Ability to develop, define, document and refine requirements, design documentation and conduct cross-functional design reviews.Ability to debug complex issues spanning hardware/firmware/software, using tools such as oscilloscopes, function generators, IDE’s and emulators for identifying root cause and evaluating possible solutions.
- Experience with various interfaces including SPI, I2C, UART etc.
- Understanding of board and system-level technologies and the ability to read, interpret and review analog and digital circuit schematics in order to develop requirements for low level drivers and hardware specific features.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with engineers with varying levels of experience, capable of being supportive and receptive to input from others.
- Experience in wireless technologies such as BLE, Wi-Fi, Zigbee, etc is beneficial.
- Architectural experience for platform creation is a plus.
- Strong communication skills; ability to articulate ideas, problems and solutions across cross-functional disciplines.
- Experience within a regulated environment (e.g. FDA, FAA) is preferred.
- Enthusiastic, motivated to solve complex issues, in the face of ambiguity.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
In return, we offer you
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.