Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow, using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Participate in or lead month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, to identify or track trends. Consolidate work done by other analysts into final report.
- Assess data retrieved from archive or data warehouse for data integrity for analytical purposes; sort, partition or segment data for further analysis by self or others.
- Develop queries to obtain financial data requested by users in the business unit. Coordinate development of data files, testing and validation in the acceptance phase, and migration of data requirements to production phase of the application life-cycle.
- May conduct specific analyses of financial or operating data to satisfy certain regulatory requirements or to establish required internal controls over business processes.
- Assist with annual and multi-year administrative expense modeling and planning
- Implement and monitor analytical and governance processes and frameworks associated with new financial technology deployment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact with employees at levels, including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to work with and challenge business contacts to interpret issues and properly apply finance and accounting principles in reporting and forecasting
- Experience developing and/or interpreting business cases, specifically financial analysis sections of business cases
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize large amounts of data, prior experience with Tableau and Anaplan is preferred
- Must be able to examine detailed information but tailor messages to audiences requiring different
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae's financial statements and administrative expense reporting
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56175
In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Working at the heart of [...]