Purpose of JobIndependently uses financial principles to solve moderately complex to complex business problems while performing forecasting, planning, and financial modeling related to income, profitability, liquidity, capital, leverage, asset and liability management or operating expense.
- Develops financial forecasts/plans for a major business area or expense category; with little or no supervision, develops and implements forecasting/planning process, and model improvement initiatives.
- Independently prepares recurring or ad hoc financial reports and analysis or cost benefit analysis to support and provide insights for internal and external management decision-making.
- With little or no supervision, delivers moderately complex to complex financial research and value-added business decision support, and recommends or implements solutions to key financial and operational opportunities.
- Responsible for product assignments, product pricing, product profitability and ad hoc analysis.
- Acts as a valued business partner by providing informed, proactive analysis and business insights to enable effective decision-making and efficient resource utilization.
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business, its products and processes to resolve issues and navigate obstacles to deliver work product.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field required.
- If Bachelor's, 4 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required.
If Master’s, 2 years of financial / accounting analysis or related work experience
If 1 year of progress towards an advanced financial degree or completion of 2 exams towards the CFA designation, 2 years of financial / accounting analysis or related work experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
At USAA, you’ll find a welcoming environment where everyone has a true passion for our mission. Our employees are immersed in a culture that profoundly embraces the service and sacrifices made by those we serve – the U.S. military and their families.