We’re EA—one of the world’s largest video game publishers. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe and across every platform with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Located in Austin, Texas, this Senior Financial Analyst reports into the Finance Manager of Worldwide Customer Experience (WWCE) and will provide an excellent opportunity to be a collaborative business partner and trusted advisor for WWCE. The WWCE organization is where we are on a mission to make EA known for taking care of players by delivering signature help experiences that drive engagement in our games, services, and the Player Network. WWCE is players taking care of players and people talking to people – whenever, wherever, and however they need us. WWCE Finance is a key partner in WWCE’s success.
The Senior Financial Analyst (FP&A) role will be responsible for supporting Worldwide Customer Support, specifically ensuring a high level of accuracy and collaboration between Finance and WWCE operations throughout the forecast, month end close, and headcount planning & reconciliation processes.
- Business Partnering – Support WWCE to help deliver management results while staying on budget. This person will drive and assist the teams to provide timely and accurate reporting and analysis to assist with decision making and value creation. Partnerships with WWCE will range from the VP/Director to Ops analyst levels.
- Responsible for purchase order approvals, forecasting and forecast alignment, spend tracking, monthly close activities, and headcount management for a highly dynamic organization.
- Forecast activities - Forecasting, analyzing and reporting across WWCE including 600+ internal headcount and outsourced global support.
- Ensure compliance with EA’s policies and procedures.
- Ad Hoc – projects as necessary. Examples include driving process improvements across both business partners and finance partners, scenario analysis.
- BS degree in Finance/Accounting
- MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience required
- Familiarity with customer support preferre
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES:
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy on work output
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Analytical and critical thinking/creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong initiative and desire to drive change and enhance processes. Ability to proactively identify business risks and opportunities.
- Proactive, Detailed, and task management skills.
- Effective when working independently and as a team player who can work collaboratively within a group and across divisions/functions.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills (cross-functional team environments).
- Highly proficient with MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience and proficiency with financial programs like Hyperion Essbase and Oracle
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.