CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are an enthusiastic group helping to lead the future of media and technology by providing Financial Planning support to all of CBS Interactive.
The Financial Analyst will be an important member of the CBS Interactive Financial Planning &Analysis (FP&A) team and will interact with many different groups within the organization. Primary responsibilities will include assisting the Sr. Director of FP&A in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of forecasts and budgets, tracking performance, managing monthly operating expenses, and using analysis to assist in driving informed decision making. This position focuses on Central Services division and will also involve all other Business Units within Interactive.
This position offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity within a successful and growing global media organization. It will provide wide ranging exposure to the evolving interactive content industry while working within the broader media umbrella of CBS Corporation.
- Assist with annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and headcount planning for CBSi Central Services departments (i.e. Facilities, Legal, HR, Corporate Communications, etc.)
- Manage recharges, accruals, contracts, and invoices for Central departments and brands across the company
- Prepare reconciliations and variance analyses of forecast/budget to actual results for revenue and expense accounts
- Partner with BU leaders on expense management to maintain accurate forecasts
- Ad hoc reporting, modeling, and analyses
- Assisting the Events Team in planning the CBSi Wellness Fair, GetInteractive Day and Holiday Party
- Headcount planning and forecasting
- Long-range plan for Facilities
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Minimum of 2 years experience in FP&A, finance or equivalent quantitative roles
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent training required (preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics)
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to understand and articulate financial data
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong work ethic, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
You might also have -
- Experience with Salesforce, Cognos TM1 and Oracle Financials
- Database experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
CBS Corporation is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading [...]