Job TitleFinance Business Partner - Trade Spend Controller
Personal Health business of Philips engages in the commercial activities for Philips personal health products (Philips male shavers, IPL, Sonicare toothbrushes to name a few) in UK&Ireland through retailers and direct-to-consumer channels. Philips UK&I Personal Health organization offers a young, dynamic atmosphere filled with international talents dedicated to contribute to Philips strategic roadmap.
In this role, you have the opportunity to drive fact-based business decisions of the commercial organization by providing robust financial insights. You will partner with Sales teams in terms of monitoring and improving trade spend investments and with Marketing on business projects or financial modelling.
As the Finance Business Partner – Trade Spend Controller you will combine strong analytics with commercial acumen, and contribute to business directly with your analytical and modelling work.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning the trade spend controls by reporting spend accurately, monitoring spend levels vs targets, reviewing account plans with Sales account managers and driving corrective actions for variances
- Monitoring month end closing (mainly for trade spend), including postings and balance sheet reconciliation activities performed by offshore teams
- You will support Sales and Finance Directors in target setting for promotional spend of accounts in line with Philips strategic initiatives
- Supporting the Marketing teams and Marketing Director for business cases, modelling financial results and / or business updates
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness for balance sheet and P&L, following Philips accounting standards, supporting the external and internal audit teams for own responsibility areas during audit periods
- Participating in cross-functional or finance initiatives or projects as part of business partner pillar of Philips Finance
- Cooperating with other local or global teams, sharing standard methodologies and seeking support where needed.
You will be a part of a Finance team of a strong commercial organization in a fast-paced environment. You will report to the Finance Director of Personal Health. You will work primarily with Sales, Pricing, Marketing and other Finance teams based around the world.
This position will be based from our Guildford office however we operate an agile working environment in this office.
To succeed, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or Masters level
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance, preferably in a commercial environment
- Advanced in Excel and proven finance knowledge
- SAP experience is a plus
- Intellectual capacity to digest complex information, see trends and analysis through data and to translate this into concrete actions
- Curious mind, enthusiastic and hands-on, initiative taker
- Clear communication, stakeholder and change management, business focus
- Ability to balance speed and accuracy
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
- A competitive base salary plus a high performance related bonus.
- you will have access to private healthcare insurance
- Holiday allowance of 25 days a year from the start (plus bank holidays)
- Learning and Development opportunities through our Philips University
- Family friendly policies which offer enhanced maternity and paternity schemes
- The Philips Employee Shop allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices
- Subsidised Café promoting healthy eating and well-being at the Guildford site
- Social Events - a dedicated Sports & Social committee with members in Guildford and Cambridge, promoting a host of social events throughout the year including the famous Family Sports Day at Surrey Sports Park.
Philips are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that provide us with evidence in your application which demonstrates that you meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting the qualifications, skills or experience defined as required. Philips is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to enable your participation in the interview process, please advise us of this.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please apply online – Good Luck!
Recruitment agencies: we are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly as we are not able to respond to you.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.