Job TitleField Service Engineer - CT / Nuclear Medicine
Hiring Manager: Please do not add or edit any information in this field. For Talent Acquisition use only.
Recruiter: Please use the below template for the job ad.
In this role, you have the opportunity to work in a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation and join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while transforming themselves personally and professionally.
You are responsible for
- Installing Philips Healthcare (PH) equipment according standards with respect to quality and installation time as set by PH.
- Performing planned maintenance and equipment modifications within the scheduled time and to the quality standards set by PH
- Performing corrective maintenance, supported when necessary by tier-2 support help desk
- Demonstrating commitments to meet customer needs and requirements by ensuring all given quality standards
- Submitting timely and accurate service data, job sheets, reports, expense claims, radiation film badges, field problem reports and other paperwork as assigned
- Be aware of customer needs and potential commercial leads through customer visits and provide feedback and recommendations to the management, relevant people within the organization
- Using company property with care to ensure optimal results with minimal operational costs
- Keeping abreast of new technologies likely to affect PH range of products
- Executing service events (maintenance & Installation) in compliance with applicable version of Business Unit (BU) service manuals and relevant PH quality standard policies
- Completeness and accuracy of service records with particular attention to test & inspection result
- Adopting appropriate ESD control while servicing PH equipment
- Using appropriate electronic measurement equipment in calibration controlled cycle
- Reporting identified device safety issues according to applicable PH quality standard policy
- Reporting customer feedback according to applicable quality standard policy and follow up relevant assigned quality & regulatory training in a timely manner
You are a part of the Services Delivery Team based in Johannesburg. You will report to Services Delivery Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Matric / Grade 12 or SAQA accredited Equivalent
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of technical complex systems
- T knowledge, strong networking capability
- Fluent in English, verbal and written in addition to local language
- Experience in performing Corrective Maintenance and Planned Maintenance on CT, X-Ray, Nuclear Medicine
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. Only apply for this role if you are a South African Citizen by birth or Naturalization prior to the 27 April 1994.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In addition to being purpose-driven, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
tions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.