FEP Customer Service Professional I
FEP Customer Service Professional I
Start Date: April 29, 2019
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
These positions are scheduled to begin on Monday, April 29, 2019
Bring your customer service expertise to our customer service call center where you will:
• Provide information, education and assistance to members, providers, other insurance companies, attorneys, agents/brokers or other member representatives on recorded phone lines regarding benefits, claims and eligibility.
• Be the primary contact between the corporation and members and providers. The manner in which a member or provider is treated during that contact is critical to retaining our customers and to the overall success of the corporation.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
• High school degree or GED.
• One year customer service call center experience or 1 year customer service experience such as insurance, retail, banking, restaurant, hospital medical office or other experience with extensive customer service contact.
• For Government Programs related jobs, thorough knowledge of State and Federal regulations.
• 30 wpm keyboarding skills with 95% accuracy.
• Proficient PC skills and prior experience in a PC environment.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and coding preferred.
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts and calculations.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills and strong customer-service skills, including courteous telephone etiquette.
• Ability to interpret policies and procedures and communicate effectively.
• Ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and learn and retain new or evolving information and procedures.
• Ability to work under stress and pressure and respond to inquiries with tact, diplomacy and patience.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters.
• Demonstrate initiative in researching and resolving benefit, eligibility and claims issues.
• Understand and apply correct punctuation, spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills.
FEP Customer Service Professionals work Monday through Friday between 7am – 5pm. To show our dedication to employee satisfaction, our generous benefit package starts on your first day. Our leadership team is committed to creating a supportive, fun, and empowering environment where you’ll gain skills and experience in an ever-changing health care industry and have a positive effect on your local community.
This Full-Time position is scheduled to begin on Monday, April 29, 2019.
Minimum hourly rate is $14.92/hr and we offer a $1.00/hr increase after 90 days.
Note: Please check your email (including spam and junk mail folders) during the process for important status updates and information.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 100 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you’re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]