The Service Excellence Fellow acts as the Customer Success executive and ambassador for customer executive/C suite engagements and escalations. The ideal candidate has executive presence, is highly responsive, strategic thinker, articulate, and customer retention focused. The Service Excellence Fellow ensures that our support teams execute on timely road maps and action plans, works closely to ensure success and that the customer sees ROI in our solution and is referenceable. This role facilitates and aligns appropriate team members to ensure success and keeps customer executives informed. The ideal candidate builds trusted relationships with executive sponsors, anticipating roadblocks, delivering value, and aiding revenue growth and retention.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Acts as the Service Excellence ambassador for customer executives and C level engagements
- Prioritize and stimulate escalations to ensure visibility, traction and ultimate closure
- Ensures customers are heard throughout the process
- Establish correct expectations, enforce relief and resolve through effective communication
- Oversight of support team’s customer action plan to ensure continuity and retention. Presents status updates to stakeholders on on-going, frequent basis
- Maximizes impact of cross functional resources & personally intervene when appropriate
- Advocates on behalf of clients cross organizationally with Services, Product Management, Development, Consulting and Support for critical product enhancements and issue resolution
- Strategize with cross organizational leaders to execute on retention and quality improvement opportunities
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement & reliability
- Work within a voice of the customer structure to interpret and action team member and customer feedback for operational excellence and problem avoidance
- Foster operational excellence and collaborative spirit across Ultimate Software to drive efficiencies and scalability
- Support the VP, Service Excellence in various capacities
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a leadership role required
- Accomplished, articulate and collaborative leader who has a proven track record of outstanding customer success leadership resulting in achieving the highest customer loyalty and retention
- Deep sense of accountability and ownership
- Executive presence, ability to engage executives (internal and external)
- Influencing, working collaboratively and independently, conflict management skills
- Must be a role model for our People First culture
- Function effectively and efficiently in a high paced environment
- Demonstrate leadership, decision-making, and team building skills
- Demonstrate strong oral, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving and negotiation/influence skills
- Outstanding organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or MIS, or equivalent
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]