Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Springfield, VA
- Identify the root cause of Infrastructure problems as well as resolve the problem following standard processes, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform a root-cause analysis (RCA) of events that are mission critical, have recurring negative effects on IT Infrastructure, or when requested by the designated government lead.
- Maintain ownership of an incident or event as well as coordinate with various teams to discover how and why an incident or event occurred, identify the actions, lessons learned to correct or eliminate the root cause of an event, propose the corrective actions, obtain approval from customer to take the corrective actions, implement the changes required to eliminate the root cause following the Change Management processes.
- Develop and maintain a repository of root cause analyses that is easily accessible to authorized Government personnel for viewing.
- Develop and provide daily accounts of Problem Management activities, and deliver monthly roll-up Problem Management Reports to management.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network
- 3 to 10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience.
- 3 years exposure to Service Management/ITIL framework and concepts (Incident, Change, Asset Management);
- 2+ years of proven demonstrated troubleshooting skills; highly skilled in the implementation, integration, testing and support of distributed applications
- US Citizenship
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Accenture is a global collective of innovators who look to improve the way the world works and lives. Working with our clients, we apply innovation and intelligence at the heart of their organizations. Empowered with leading-edge technologies, continuous learning opportunities and a global [...]