Arthur Bell is professional services firm in Hunt Valley, MD, that has made a name for itself by offering unique opportunities for employees to help clients overcome obstacles and by delivering excellence to the alternative investment community, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals since 1974. We understand and focus on what’s critical, so employees and clients know they can rely on us now and in the future. Plus, our size and culture are ideal for people who want to experience comradery and learn from leaders in the firm who are also experts in the industry. That’s why employees and clients stick with us for decades.
We are in need of an experienced Staff Accountant to assist our Performance Analysis Department.
· General ledger accounting and preparation of monthly financial statements for alternative investment funds
· Annual preparation of financial statements and notes for alternative investment funds
· Analysis of performance results and preparation of monthly performance records for commodity trading advisors in accordance with regulatory requirements
· Examinations of performance records in accordance with Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements
· Consultations with clients regarding performance calculations, regulatory compliance, preparation of pro forma and hypothetical performance records
· Audits and reviews of financial statements in conjunction with the Audit Department
· Development of professional and industry knowledge and expertise
· Understanding of specialized accounting, reporting, and regulatory requirements of the investment management industry
· Participation in continuing professional education and Firm sponsored events
- Performs other related duties as required/assigned
- B.S. in Accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years general ledger accounting experience preferred
- Strong technical skills from journal entry preparation through the financial statement preparation process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with a solid work ethic
- Strong research and writing skills required
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate a plus, but not required
- Financial services experience or public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Absolute adherence to strict confidentiality and privacy considerations
At Arthur Bell, you will find competitive compensation, comprehensive insurance benefits, retirement, and work - life benefits and unlimited growth opportunities.
The open door at Arthur Bell CPAs is more than a concept or policy; it is part of our culture. We believe in fostering an environment where people thrive, and this means keeping our doors open to questions, ideas, and observations. We remove the barriers so employees are comfortable communicating with each other at all levels.
Arthur Bell has focused on the hedge fund, managed futures and private equity community since 1974, so you can rely on our experience, commitment to client service, and quality track record to keep you and your investors safe. We deliver audit, tax, performance analysis, investor representation, [...]