The IBM Global Advanced Analytics Center is the top-of-the-spear of IBM’s consulting organization when it comes to production-ready machine learning. As a member of our team you will get to work hands-on with our clients, utilizing the latest and greatest technologies to build highly scalable machine learning solutions on the cloud.
This position is for machine learning experts who are able to rapidly prototype new concepts, develop ML and AI solutions and assets, and lead delivery efforts for our globally dispersed clients. The position will involve working closely with clients in order to develop solutions that drive business value in real time. Candidates will be expected to present their work clearly to client stakeholders who are often not deeply familiar with statistics or machine learning.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Python developer with strong control over the following concepts, techniques and technologies:
Machine learning and analytical algorithms: linear, nonlinear, classification, anomaly detection, clustering, unsupervised methods, natural language processing (NLP)
Statistics: deep theoretical understanding in regression and time series modeling
Data & database: pandas, SQL, relational and non-relational databases, Spark/pySpark
This team reports to work at the IBM Israel headquarters in Petach Tikva. Although the team works primarily from Israel, candidates must be willing to perform global travel, as we work with clients and IBM teams around the world.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Physics or related field, and B.S. within same fields
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing)
- 2 years of work experience developing in Python
- 2 years of work experience as a data scientist utilizing machine learning and statistics techniques: linear, nonlinear, classification, anomaly detection, natural language, time series
- 2 years of work experience manipulating complex datasets and using technologies like Pandas, pySpark and SQL
- 1 year of work experience in relational and non-relational databases
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Ph.D. in quantitative field
- Deep expertise in one of the following fields: Social Network Analysis, Deep learning (Neural Net), Bayesian Statistics, Markov modeling, Natural-language Processing
- Experience in software development
- Experience working in a collaborative product development environment
- Experience in strategy consulting
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]