Experienced Analyst, PPK Transformation
WHO WE ARE
Bain & Company is a leading global consulting firm, serving clients from offices in all major cities. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. We are passionate about achieving results for our clients (our public clients have historically outperformed the stock market 4:1).
Bain’s Product, Practice & Knowledge (PPK) department has played a vital role in harnessing the best of our consulting staffs’ individual and collective expertise for over 20 years. Within PPK, each practice supports teams across the globe with deep expertise and knowledge. Our practices play a critical role in Bain’s commercial success and are a key strategic priority.
PPK is undergoing a transformation focused on creating a stronger, more scalable, efficient and effective PPK organization aligned with Bain’s evolving operating model (product leaders, deeper expertise, increased partnerships). We will achieve this by:
(1) redefining the operating model and improving processes to enable more time to deepen expertise and
(2) freeing-up time for PPK teams to provide more and better front line support to client teams. PPK is growing rapidly and roles are becoming increasingly more fragmented.
Over the course of the next few years, the PPK Transformation team will be redefining the operating model, redesigning key processes through test and learn pilots, and streamlining existing processes through center-led efforts. Your role is a critical component to supporting these goals.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Manage and coordinate “test and learn” pilots focused on knowledge capture and sharing
Work with pilot practices to rollout new knowledge capture and sharing processes
- Design and revise new processes for knowledge capture and sharing
- Remove roadblocks in pilot practices
- Manage learnings and document best practices
- Capture feedback from pilot participants and customers
- Track KPIs across practices
- Support communications
Support long-term approach for knowledge capture and sharing
- Work on request form for internal/external knowledge
- Develop approach to rollout to practices
Provide visibility to practice requests through centralization
Work with practices to identify data requests made throughout the year
- Document data requests made to practices
- Recommend approach for most common data requests to standardize and automate
Automate most common data requests and maintain in central SharePoint
- Create recommendation for centralization of data requests
- Build and maintain SharePoint site for common requests
Support operating model redesign efforts
Work with practices on rollout of operating model changes
- Track rollout of operating model changes to practices
- Work with practices on clearing roadblocks
Run PPK Transformation program office
- Support Steering Committee Meetings and working team meetings
- Support workshops with stakeholders
- Manage communications across PPK, including WebEx and newsletters
Serve as a member of Bain’s global PPK department, in line with Bain’s Operating Principles
- Regularly communicate issues and progress to Manager(s)
- Demonstrate flexibility
- Contribute as a member of PPK and the larger Bain community (e.g. participates in PPK group projects, training, experience sharing, mentoring and other initiatives, etc.)
- Bachelor of Engineering/ Science or Economics major/ or MBA degree from a premier college with strong academic credentials
- 4+ years of experience in a professional services firm environment with exposure to consulting or strategic planning
- Passion for business issues; intellectual curiosity and thirst for learning
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong command over excel functionalities and comfort with modelling in excel
- Results focused
- Ability to self-motivate and work semi-autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills – ability to communicate with senior business executives
- Superior customer service attitude and ability to contribute on a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word; knowledge of Alteryx and Tableau a plus
WHAT BAIN CAN OFFER YOU
We are proud to be publicly recognized around the globe. This includes ranking as one of the top four companies for each of the last 10 years in Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” list. Our global offices share a diverse and energetic environment and we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture.
The PPK Transformation Experienced Analyst role provides an exciting, long-term career path within Bain. We invest in your development with tailored training and coaching, to build on the capabilities you bring. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a supportive team and across a collaborative department. We offer a competitive package, including a comprehensive benefits program, which is carefully designed to help meet the needs of you and your family for security and protection.
Qualified candidates should apply online to this role with their résumé or C.V.
Bain & Company is a leading management consulting firm. We work with change-oriented executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. We advise global leaders on their most critical issues and opportunities across all [...]