Event Marketing Internship
Event Marketing Internship
This full-time internship will begin in March/April/May/June 2019
Responsibilities & Requirements
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
- Cambia Portland Classic (LPGA golf tournament): Maintaining the marketing / advertising project implementation plan, ensuring all the stakeholders are held accountable for their deadlines and deliverables. Event management of weekly activities: LPGA Rookie Event, Topgolf Kick off Reception, Media Day.
- Rose Festival: assisting with the Fleet Week activities and sponsorship asset management.
- Washington Hood to Coast: assist event manager with décor, communications, RSVPS, and brand and marketing assets.
- Hospitality Coordination for all four markets, examples of events could include but not limited to: unique hospitality opportunities, Utah movie event, Chateau St. Michelle concerts, Blazer and Seahawks ticket coordination, and producer and employer education events. Responsibilities will include: producing nametags , seating card preparation, pre/post game event coordination, invitations, guest gifts, communication plans (RSVP confirmations, executive updates, final logistics to guests / staff, ticket distribution, etc.) and on-site support during events
- Assist with venue research for upcoming events and conferences. For example: Employer Summits, Producer Advisory Councils, Sales Conference and Producer Forums. Proposals should include meeting space diagrams, room rates, food / beverage options, audiovisual requirements, décor samples (floral, linens, color schemes, etc.)
- Partner with Creative Studio department to manage workflow for members of the team to ensure that deadlines are not being missed and projects are being completed on schedule
- Manage ticket distribution, tracking spreadsheets and data entry into CRM tool (SalesForce) for hospitality events.
- Assist with internal Cambia/Regence events.
- Assist with inventory and managing booth properties.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Event Planning or a related discipline (candidate who have completed their degree in the last nine months are also encouraged to apply)
- Minimum of junior undergraduate standing (graduate students are welcome to apply)
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative undergraduate grade point average
- Experience and shown success in planning and organizing events
- Excellent organizational skills, writing, proven ability to multi-task and work independently on multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Promotional marketing experience including integrated use of Social Media
- Highly Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to participate in some travel
- Must have U.S. work authorization
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]