Are you passionate about business transformation and bringing innovative technology to life? Do you want to continually learn and implement new technologies to solve business problems? Do you enjoy working as part of a close team in an open and energizing environment?
We are an empowered, co-located team of developers, analysts, and managers located in the Research Triangle Park office. We are the IBM CIO office, and we keep IBM running across 175 countries across the globe. We operate with an agile mindset every single day, with the goal of continually improving our technical expertise and business delivery.
In this role, you will be engaged in big data extract, transform, and load application development as well as complex problem determination with a number of IBM, open-source and other emerging technologies. As an engineering leader, you are expected to be able to pick up new technology areas quickly and have previous experience in a variety of programming languages, protocols, DevOps tools, and demonstrated agile programming/debugging skills. You will have some exposure to IBM technologies/products as well as many open source technologies. It will be part of your job to help evaluate the latest technologies and figure out the best way to implement.
Responsibilities may include:
- (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery CI/CD) tools, and then a varying experience with other tools / technologies
- Experience with Apache Spark, and Kubernetes is crucial. Experience in Scala is highly preferred.
- Producing solutions for IBMers that excel at user-experience, performance, reliability and scalability.
- Collaborating, mentoring and training other development team members
- Evaluating and selecting appropriate tools to improve our teams’ productivity
- Building, automating, and releasing solutions on demand
- Participate and lead all Agile ceremonies with your team.
- Leading risks and resolving issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Experience with automated deployments and monitoring
- Consistent track record in implementing via agile methodologies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1+ years experience applied knowledge of software development
- Experience in Apache Spark for leading Big Data.
- Significant experience with SQL (DB2) and NoSQL databases (Cloudant, Mondo, etc).
- Significant experience with source control management with Git, SVN, etc.
- Significant experience developing using micro-services architecture and DevOps Technology such as Docker, Chef, Jenkins, uDeploy, Maven, Travis CI.
- Significant experience with IBM Cloud (or similar such as AWS, Azure, etc)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience with Scala highly desired
Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
Experience with automated deployments and monitoring
Consistent track record in implementing via agile methodologies
Experience with Elastic Search, Kibana, Kafka, Kubernetes, Apache Ignite, and Bazel
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]