START DATES FOR THIS POSITION ARE IN 2019
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career!
Entry Level Hardware Developers develop and test the hardware and semiconductor designs that comprise our industry-leading IBM products. We are a world-class development team that pioneers innovations for the cutting-edge microprocessors and hardware used in IBM Systems including IBM Storage, IBM Power Systems and IBM Z Mainframes. Hardware Developers participate in various aspects of the development and test process such as:
• System and microprocessor architecture
• Microprocessor circuit design, logic design, and functional verification
• Physical design and layout
• Signal integrity and analysis
• Microelectronics packaging
• Materials analysis and characterization
• Mechanical design and technology integration
• Thermal design and testing
• Voltage regulation and power delivery
• Performance modeling
• Processor and system test and validation
Entry Level Hardware Developers are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business, based on your offered location and fit. These are office-based positions in IBM locations including:
Opportunities in all locations will vary based on business demand
*indicates cities with limited opportunities
Ideal candidates will possess demonstrated design, test, and verbal and written communication skills. Team-based experience in circuit/logic design, verification, analysis and/or testing is a plus. Candidates with at least three to six months of team-based work experience with hardware products are preferred but NOT required.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for pursuing a career path in mechanical OR electrical OR computer engineering.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines.
- You are great at solving problems, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- Candidates chosen to become part of our world-class development teams will help advance IBM's leadership to develop the highest performing computers and game-changing hardware solutions. Come THINK with us!
- Fundamentals in hardware design and/or test
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in circuit/logic design, verification, analysis and/or testing
- Technical skills in hardware design and/or test
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors or Masters Degree Preferred
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]