Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manage a team engaged in planning, managing, and executing varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Oversee gathering of information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications and to budget human, financial, and other resources. Ensure that subordinate staff provide technical oversight and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage day-to-day activities related to developing applications. Determine scope and priority of current and upcoming projects to allocate appropriate levels of resources to project development efforts.
- Assign staff based on skill sets and demands of projects. Provide technical guidance in the course of working on projects.
- Train staff in formal project management methodology utilized at the firm Track project progress and assess compliance with the methodology.
- Document and report progress. Ensure that reports are filed timely. Keep senior management advised of significant trends and findings and other issues. Provide high-level recommendations.
- Design, modify, install, and/or maintain metrics that drive and measure team performance.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
Education Level Required (if any)
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Education Level Preferred(if any)
Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study Required (if any)
Area of Study Preferred(if any)
Business or Computer Science
Certifications Required (if any)
Certifications Preferred(if any)
6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSEMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 57588
In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Working at the heart of [...]