Job TitleEngineering Technician
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be an Engineering Technician as part of Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) Systems Engineering group , focused on ventilation, gas sensing, and related accessory products. You will be responsible for establishing and testing the patient interfacing devices and associated experimental assemblies. Additional responsibilities of documenting and testing materials and/or medical devices for compliance to International Standards and FDA Guidance.
You are responsible for
- The technician work within a small group of engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Performing experiments under the supervision of lead engineers to support research and development (R&D) of new products and test methods.
- Assisting in building any new test systems or modifications of the existing test system to support these experiments under the direction of the lead engineers.
- Perform routine testing following standard operating procedures (SOPs) to collect data for quality assurance.
- Maintain and troubleshoot test systems.
- Utilize a computer or existing data acquisition software to input and retrieve data.
- Occasionally assist the Production Team in testing online products, assemblies, or accessories following standard operating procedures.
- Occasionally assist the documentation of test plans and data acquisition plans abiding with the internal quality system.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- The technician must have a safety mindedness, fast learning, and a can-do attitude. In an R&D environment priorities can change rapidly, so proper attitude to quickly adapt to direction changes is required.
- The position requires the technician to have strong troubleshooting skills to resolve issues with the test systems when they malfunction.
You are a part of
Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care (SRC) Systems Engineering group in
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Associate degree preferred and HS or GED is required.
• Ability to read and understand Safety Data Sheets and technical drawings.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and perform other physical tasks required by the job.
• General craftsmanship. Ability to build testing systems from drawings and communications with engineers.
• Must be comfortable and careful of using hand tools and power tools with demanded precision.
• Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings. Ability to assemble, disassemble, and test R&D experimental setups in accordance with the drawings.
• Ability to comprehend written and verbal instructions appropriate to the job.
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards, and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.