Kraft Heinz, the company
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision: To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us -- and ready to create the future, build on storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen -- there’s one thing to do: join us.
Our culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It’s true: Our employees are our competitive advantage. As part of the Kraft Heinz family you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You’re given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won’t do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
Job Title: Sr Maintenance Engineer
The Engineering & Maintenance Manager will improve performance of productive equipment, preserve plant physical assets, and control maintenance labor and material costs to achieve plant performance goals. Forecast and control plant capital spend to maximize investment value. Insure compliance with Environmental Protection Agency regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices, the Occupational Safety & Health Act, and other regulations and standards.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
• Protect the environment, and the company's good name and assets from harm by meeting all applicable environmental regulations and responding immediately to potential violations.
• Protect the company’s employees through focus on ergonomic issues and employee safety during both the planning and execution of capital projects, and enforcement of factory safety regulations such as lock out/tag out for outside contractors and company employees.
• Develop, monitor and control the annual capital budget, maintenance expenses, and utility budgets.
• Manage capital and facility maintenance projects and resources through timely equipment installation, service and repair.
• Develop ideas and projects to reduce utility and energy costs.
• Support the efficient operation of the Plant through effective utilization of Engineering and Facility Maintenance resources.
• Assist and oversee maintenance of the plant equipment, buildings, and other assets to protect these assets and reduce equipment related downtime.
• Research and develop new processing techniques to improve quality of product and production efficiencies.
• Establish departmental goals that maintain focus on improving line efficiencies and product quality.
• Determine equipment capabilities for new or revised factory layouts.
• Evaluate production and packaging needs for Capital Equipment.
• Participate on the Food Safety and HACCP Team.
• Assist and partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/Heinz Global Production System (HGPS)), including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation.
• Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
• Accountable for the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list
• Manage and evaluate the Finance staff including but not limited to performance management and employee
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field is required
• Minimum of 7 years of increasing responsibility in plant engineering and project management in manufacturing
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with full cycle capital project management from appropriation preparation to field start up.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working with process and high speed/automation equipment.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, OSHA safety regulations, EPA regulations
• Working knowledge of boiler and compressed air operations in order to evaluate operating efficiencies.
• Must be familiar with maintenance management system operations.
• Clear understanding of engineering economics and project justification.
• Leadership skills gained through course work, seminars, and experience in supervisory positions in maintenance and/or supervising contractors on capital projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
To be the best, we need the best— the best brands, the best processes, and most importantly, the best people. Kraft Heinz is transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. We're looking for motivated, innovative talent to join our team.