Employer Consulting Analyst, Associate or Senior
Employer Consulting Analyst, Associate or Senior
Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Employer Consulting Analyst, Associate or Senior is responsible for using knowledge of healthcare interventions and data to deliver actionable information to our employer groups. In partnership with Regence, employer groups use the data to improve health care outcomes for Regence members.
Performs data-mining, prepares analytic presentations and provides consulting services to implement innovative solutions.
Key qualifications and experience:
Employer Consulting Analyst Associate
- Bachelor’s degree in hospital administration, public health, economics, statistics, actuarial science, mathematics, business administration with 2+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and related work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to document business requirements
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of program evaluation concepts and methodologies, with expertise in program effectiveness analysis, measurement, and reporting
- Knowledge of data mining tools, analytic programming tools and methods (SQL, OLAP)
- Proven ability to design and develop reporting
- Business sense (finance, accounting, economics, risk management, public health economics, social service research or epidemiology)
- Must be able to work with minimal direction and be very flexible to coordinate complex activities that are often subject to rapid or extensive changes
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems and cost containment strategies including medical management interventions and provider contracting methodologies
- Knowledge of regulatory (both state and federal) agency policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applied research methods and health research best practices
Employer Consulting Analyst
Same as above, plus:
- 5+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and related work experience; Master's Degree with 3+ years related work experience; Master's degree preferred
- Demonstrated success with project management
- Proven ability to present complex analytic concepts to business stakeholders
- Proven ability to perform difficult analytical tasks with minimum supervision
- Progressively responsible work experience in leadership roles
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems, health plan operations, data sources, data structures
- Ability to drive strategic projects for the company, with a leadership presence that can cross divisions
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and issues with large financial and/or risk impact to the company
Employer Consulting Analyst Senior
Same as above, plus:
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in social science, public health, economics, statistics, actuarial science or mathematics and 7 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Expert level in using analytical / statistical programming tools and querying complex data sources.
- Demonstrated application of advanced analytic skills to business problems in two or more areas including analytic discovery, descriptive statistics, forecasting, multivariate modeling, experimental design, statistical inference, or predictive models.
- Proven ability to use analysis and data interpretation to drive strategy development, program implementation, and evaluation. Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions by synthesizing literature, expert opinion, policy, and analytic insights.
- Demonstrated ability to combine business knowledge with strong knowledge and skills in program evaluation to drive program strategy and achieve business objectives.
- Proven ability to document business requirements and present complex analytical concepts to business stakeholders, thereby ensuring outcomes and methodologies are understood.
- Demonstrated strong facilitation skills, including the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of business goals and objectives that enhance the likelihood of recommending solutions that align with expected outcomes.
- Applies advanced knowledge of healthcare and interventions to improve member experience and achieve cost containment and other corporate objectives.
- Leads projects and establishes objectives and timeliness to ensure initiatives are delivered on time and meet customer expectations. May lead company-wide programs and projects. Able to direct the work of other analysts or assist with staff training and development.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional team from project ideation, problem identification, analytics design, solution development, program implementation, and project evaluation.
The position is pay level 16, 18 or 20 depending on experience.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members for 100 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you’re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]