Job TitleElectronics Technician 1
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join a team of dedicated professionals improving people’s health by testing and assembling products used in our innovative devices.
You are responsible for
- A variety of complex technical tasks with electronic systems.
- Performing calibration checks on electronic instruments.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve the electronic system to determine cause and remedy for malfunctions.
- Setting and operating machines for the purpose of assembling, processing, or repairing individual products.
- Sticking to the established process and the process parameters.
- Using schematics or blueprints, wiring lists, and verbal and written instructions to assemble, modify, troubleshoot, rework, or reassemble units.
- Performing electrical testing.
- Preparing and machining different types of products using different machines/tools according to unequivocal instructions/drawings on the basis of a prescribed method of work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You are a part of
our Manufacturing Team in Gainesville, FL, Invivo Corporation, a subsidiary of Philips Healthcare and world leader in MRI coils and related accessories. Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers of MRI scanners, or directly to clinical MRI users. Our history is grounded in the expert development of MRI coils and more recently in the development of integrated clinical solutions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- High School diploma or equivalent, BS in EE degree preferred
- Mastery of testing and assembly of electrical operations using RF and analyzer equipment to tune coils to correct frequency
- Manual dexterity with hands and tools used in assembly operations
- Basic understanding of hand tools required for assembling electronic components
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Ability to follow directions
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.