Job TitleElectrical Technical Leader - Supplier Transfers
In this role, you have the opportunity to
manage high impact, complex transfer projects that enables Philips to reduce risk, improve profitability, align with our strategic supply base and optimize supply chain flexibility. Your primary function is to execute fast-paced, high quality transfer projects.
You are responsible for
- Leading the execution of large-scale projects that drive the local sourcing strategies to deliver the strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection in sync with the relevant commodity manager, supplier development, and supplier consolidation for assigned initiatives.
- Responsible to ensure product requirements are fully defined to enhance quality through transfer projects, this would involve reverse engineering as needed.
- Full responsibility to achieve critical KPIs for QUALITY and productivity targets that are tied to the annual business plans.
- Performing detailed cost analysis of material and manufacturing processes to ensure that high quality products are delivered at optimum cost from target suppliers. Supporting commodity managers in fact based negotiations before project launch.
- Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure that all business needs are met & improved through sourcing projects.
- Being accountable for supplier quality performance in assigned projects to improve existing benchmarks and developing improvement plans to ensure Supply Chain target performance levels are achieved.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant Purchasing Controls within the Quality Management System while executing supplier transfers.
- Leveraging industry & internal experts as needed to ensure product requirements are fully defined to enhance quality through transfer projects.
You are a part of
Our Global Organization as our Electronics Technical Leader – STET for the Electrical Engineering team that delivers impact to multiple businesses within Philips by optimizing our supply chain strategy.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in a high-tech industry with a focus on supply chain and/or procurement related function.
- Minimum 3+ years’ work experience with technical depth/knowledge in assigned commodities (Electrical Engineering), or 3 years’ Commercial Sourcing, Supply Chain or Engineering experience
- PMP or Six Sigma certification highly desired
- Hands-on design experience for PCBA and related high level assemblies is a must
- Experience with cost engineering and management.
- Experience in design cycle high tech electronic components, assemblies, and/or electro-mechanical systems
- Strong project management skills preferred with ability to lead teams and influence cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills, across functions and organizational layers; proven ability to manage relationships at all org levels.
- Deep experience with global supplier management.
- Knowing and understanding broad business perspective.
- Knowledge of Supply management strategies and tools.
- Demonstrated ability in working in a complex/global environment.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.