The purpose of the job is to build reports and engage in other development work on behalf of the Accounting and Finance Department. The company in the process of implementing Dynamics 365 as the new ERP. The individual is expected to become a data expert in accounting and finance data and deliver solutions in the form of BI Reports inside Dynamics (SSRS) and outside of Dynamics (Power BI). The individual might also be expected to perform other development work inside of Dynamics. Success is achieved when the individual becomes the go-to resource for Dynamics-related data, reporting and development.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of the business problem and utilize technical skill with data analysis, statistics, modeling, and general reporting to deliver insight to the business counterpart that enables data-backed decision support
- As data subject matter expert, provide technical assistance, training, consultation, and guidance in data analysis and reporting inside Dynamics 365 and advise users on the correct interpretation of data
- Gather business requirements, develop reports, metrics, scorecards, dashboards, adhoc analysis, models, KPIs and present and/or publish executive summaries, findings and analysis
- Validate data for the Data Warehouse and report and perform appropriate statistical analysis.
- Participate on a team to gather, create, and analyze data to establish key findings and develop specific recommendations around results.
- Join data from multiple source systems using different methodologies as needed
- Deliver new/innovative data visualization techniques
- Build and maintain strong peer relationships within the team and across the organization
- 2-3 years of overall development experience with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365F&O)/Dynamics AX 2012/2009
- 4-5 years’ experience building SSRS reports with Dynamics AX and D365F&O
- Strong knowledge of D365FO transactional database (AxDB)
- Advanced data analysis, data management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with X++
- Strong knowledge of OOP design and patterns
- Advanced proficiency with BI reporting and analysis applications (SQL Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, Power BI)
- Strong verbal and written communication/documentation skills
- Strong proficiency with database concepts and design
- T-SQL writing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related discipline preferred
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) and cloud deployment tools is a plus
- Understanding of source code repositories (git, TFS), including branching and merging strategy
- Any Agile or Lean experience such as Kanban, Scrum, or TDD
- 2+ years of analytics work experience
- Financial Analyst experience
- Experience and proficiency in VBA, R, and/or Python coding is a plus
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related discipline
- Limited travel to other company offices upon request
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statues.