Stanley Black & Decker Corporation is the largest tool manufacturer in the world. Our industrial businesses serve customers whose primary market drivers are automotive repair and industrial production. We cover military, mining, transit, agriculture, energy, aviation, and manufacturing, to start. Our industrial tool businesses build the tools that build your world. We are capable of bringing the strength of the world’s largest tool company to provide multi-platform solutions to the industrial and automotive repair industry. We believe we can make this happen and we would like you to be a part of our mission. As a global leader, Stanley Black & Decker can bring together the best in science, technology, business and human resources to continue to grow and succeed in our market.
Summary: We are looking for an extraordinary sales person to join our Mac Tools sales team. The role of District Manager is responsible for developing a distributor’s business and for conducting training and field meetings with their assigned territories in addition to successfully on-boarding new distributors and conducting route surveys within the territory. The District Manager is responsible for the sales and growth of the assigned territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Achieve annual operating plan by working with distributors to increase route averages and recruiting new distributors into the territory
- Conduct effective work-with’s (truck ride a-longs) 3-4 days per week to provide coaching and support to distributors in the territory
- Attract and retain distributors into the Mac Tools business
- Conduct new franchisee training (2 week ride-along for new Distributors). Completes field start process with all new Distributors and revisits as needed to develop/coach as directed by Regional Manager and Regional Business Analyst
- Conducts Field Excellence Meetings monthly with entire district
- Participate at Student Tech shows
- Manage regional credits and adjustments
- Perform route surveys for all new starts as well as surveys at the request of the Regional Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- District Sales Plan
- Distributor Success (route averages, % growing, % > 150K, etc.)
- Regional Retention
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Must have minimum of 5 years of route / field sales experience
- Must have minimum of 2 years management experience directing multiple field / route sales professionals
- Willingness to travel up to 80% within the specified sales territory
- Willingness to live in the sales territory
- Willingness to submit to a drug test and background investigation including a verification of your past employment criminal history, educational background, and driving record
- Unrestricted authorization to work within the United States without sponsorship
- BA in business or related field
- Prior experience in the mobile tool sales industry
- Demonstrated success in recruiting new talent into an organization
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven time management skills and strong business acumen and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of the local automotive repair market
- Prior experience as a small business owner or in coaching mentoring small business owners
(All lifting and/or maneuvering performed must comply with the proper safety techniques established and communicated
by The Stanley Black & Decker EHS program.)
- *Must be able to always (95% - 100%) lift and maneuver 20 pounds in any range of motion combination from ground/ankle height through above shoulder height.
- *Must be able to frequently (65% - 90%) lift and maneuver 35 pounds in any range of motion combination from ground/ankle height through above shoulder height.
- *Must be able to often (35% - 60%) lift and maneuver 45 pounds in any range of motion combination from ground/ankle height through above shoulder height.
- *Must be able to occasionally (5% - 30%) lift and maneuver 50 pounds in any range of motion combination from ground/ankle height through above shoulder height.
- *Must be able to move (60% - 75%) around the inside of a tool truck.
- *Must be able to climb and descend stairs for a minimum of 20 times per work-with
- Exposed to various work environments; on tools trucks conducting distributor work with’s (60%), traveling in a vehicle (20%) and time spent in home office (20%).
- This position works (50%) in outdoor weather conditions.
- This position may occasionally have to position themselves in low positions and/or under objects.
- Constantly operates a vehicle, as well as various office equipment such as laptop and mobile phone in both an office and travel environment.
- Must be able to communicate in person, as this position frequently communicates with distributors and must be able to exchange accurate information, as well as strong written communication skills.
- * denotes essential physical functions of the job.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.