The District Human Resources Manager(DHRM)plays a key role in establishing a customer service culture by driving the effective execution of HR processes. The DHRM is responsible for the planning and delivery of processes for talent management, performance management, and associate engagement for a district of 6-12 stores, with the goal of developing a workforce that achieves excellence in driving business results, customer service, and Company Values. DHRMs provide coaching and advisement to district/regional leaders, store leaders, and Associate Support Department Supervisors (ASDS). The DHRM also works as a contributing and flexible member of the district team by assisting other team members in meeting workload demands.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensuring effective HR Review, succession planning, and development of the leadership pipeline for the district
- Ensuring consistent quality in selection, assimilation and training of salaried managers within the district
- Providing coaching and consulting on development planning for district and store leaders
- Improving workforce diversity
- Coordinating hourly job fairs, facilitating RMA forums, and maintaining local hiring partnerships
- Partnering with store managers on the selection and ongoing training of ASDSs
- Monitoring the effectiveness of planning and executing for salaried and hourly training plans
- Facilitating, monitoring, and supporting the performance management process in a timely and effective manner, including code calibration
- Providing partnership and counsel on all terminations and demotions
- Partnering with store leadership to engage and coach associates on the floor to facilitate a customer service culture
- Ensuring effective use of Company recognition and communication processes
- Conducting store HR Town Hall meetings and following up to ensure effective execution on issues
- Supporting leaders in Employer of Choice survey administration, feedback, and action planning
- Partnering with the HR Service Center on staffing, associate relations, and other transactional processes
- Taking a leadership role in the execution of organizational change initiatives impacting the district or stores
- Serving as a first responder for labor, workplace violence, and other similar events and partnering with the Regional Associate Relations team to determine next steps and ensure final resolution
- Partnering with district leaders on strategic plans to drive business results, customer service, and alignment with Company Values
- Supporting all aspects of HR during new store openings, closings, or relocations
- Actively participating in store walks, district staff meetings and other operations activities with DM
NATURE AND SCOPE
DHRM position reports to a Regional HR Director.
6-12 ASDSs have a dotted-line reporting relationship to the DHRM.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
Ability to work a flexible schedule
Bachelors degree in human resources or related field
Analytical, with knowledge and experience in operational, sales and management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies: Demonstrate Business Acumen
Drive Customer Service
Human Resources Expertise
Training & Development
As one of Fortune’s most admired companies and the world’s largest home improvement retailer, The Home Depot is building the future of e-commerce and retail through emerging technologies and a focus on the customer experience. Home Depot offers associates the opportunity to work at tremendous scale [...]